Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

2001 swaying problems

Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 swaying problems

hey i havve a 2001 4dr 4wd and i noticed this thing leans a ton when cornering i really dont want to lower it but what could i do to get it to settle down the sway problems

Old 11-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2001 swaying problems

First thing that I would check would be your sway bar end links. I know that my Bravada has a sway bar on the front and back. The links on the rear are not prone to failure. However, the links on the front are. The front links could break and fall off leaving no noises to tell you that there is a problem, just a swaying vehicle...

Check out your sway bar end links.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:18 AM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

And if all that stuff checks out good, I would try slowing down...lol

Old 11-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nawh, I take on/off ramps in my Bravada at 60-70mph without troubles. With sway bars front and rear, the thing really sticks well for how top heavy it is. It also helped out greatly when I added the coil-over, load-assist shocks to the rear end. They added an additional 250lbs worth of load carrying capacity to the rear.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey... I put a set of those on mine!!! I thought I was the only one, everyone thought I was crazy for doing that, but with all the hard launches, I kept blowing rear shocks

If you launch her just right, you can get the fronts off the ground

Old 11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Well, that would be the difference between an s-dime with the factory 4.3L v6 and a 5.7L v8! No hard launches in my Bravada! Just doesn't happen hard enough to blow the shocks. I put them on because the back end was alittle too low for me, whether that was sagging springs or the difference between a Bravada and the Blazer/Jimmy.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Worn shocks will let her sway more too.
There should be a place to mount a shock on the rear axle that controls axle wrap during hard accelerations. Look for the mount point on the passengers frame rail in front of the axle. I forget the years and models it came on at the moment.