Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Axles???

Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
jiggs240 is on a distinguished road
Default Axles???

back in nov. i had some work done to my blazer. at the time they said one of my cv boots was split and that i should replace it. at the time i didn't have the money but in the spring i was looking to upgrade both sides and maybe throw a locker in the rear. are there and heavier duty axles for the blazers or are we stuck with just oem replacements. its an 04 4dr blazer. i was thinking about doing this now cause i plan on lifting it in about a year or so. hopefully a bds 5inch. just looking for any insight. this will be mainly my (hardly driven) daily driver.(i have a company truck) and hunting truck. i know i def. wanna do some custom bumpers, roof rack,lights, and maybe some custom interior pieces to hold my guns/bow. thanks for any insight

Old 01-21-2011, 02:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

there are no "direct replacement" diff's, if that's what you were after.

axles? yes, you can by aftermarket axles for a 4WD S-series truck (Strange, Randy's, and a few others sell them)

IMO, if you're thinking of installing a 5 or 6 inch SL, save your money, and do a SAS. it's not that big of a job if you're mechanically inclined, and there are enough threads/builds on here, that you can get all the answers & parts list you'll need.

do a search and you dig up a ton of info.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
jiggs240 is on a distinguished road

i would do a sas but don't know if i would be able to pass inspection with it being that high. whats the lowest lift u can go with sas 6 or 8". and i know i def. wouldn't be able to do it myself. i probably could if i had the tools and space, but i don't. we'll see

Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

if you're gonna go with a TM 5" kit, a SAS would pass too.

pretty sure the minimum you could go is 6". not sure if anyone has done one lower.