Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Better Handling....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 AM
danracer is on a distinguished road
Default Better Handling....?

Hi, I have an '01 blazer stock height with 235-75-15 tires...i want better handling and smoother ride. Right now its bouncy and a bit rough, streets here in Puerto Rico are not the best so i want a less jumpy ride. what is the best thing i could do?

Thnx, Daniel

Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your truck has a fairly stout spring rate on it. Combine that with a wheelbase that is on the short side and a slightly narrow track width and you get a stiff, bouncy ride. Chevy designed these trucks with the idea of keeping the wheels firmly planted on the ground.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Like Rich said, these trucks have a fairly heavy suspension to them. They are not made to ride like a car. You can change this to a certain extent with softer shocks. Your shocks are probably shot anyway as it should not be bouncy at all. I would start with new shocks and go from there.

There have been a few threads discussing shocks in the past so you should be able to find recommendations with a quick search.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 PM

ohhh i see thnx i'll check them out. i also want to lower it probably a 3/3 or a 4/4 do i have to notch the back? and would that weaken the frame?? thnx again

Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No idea on the lowering thing...

Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 PM

ohhh okay thnx anyways