Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

not higher, not lower, just stiffer

Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road
Default not higher, not lower, just stiffer

my 02 jimmys getting softer and sloppier, i can actually wobble the truck by pushing lightly with one hand (normal? i dont know i havent driven it much in the past 4 years...)
so i want to swap out the suspension for something cheap, stiff and that will last about 20,000km (hope suspension gets more than that considering im at 190km on original ) even though ill probably only put 7k on it this year.

i want it to drive more stable on the highways, im also starting to look for 2wd rims to put on her for a wider stance and probably doing a steering dampener if i dont have a stock one, or just replacing it if i do.

so any cheap suggestions? im going to be goin to the dealer to get a price on parts this week, i get staff price which in the past seems to be what is full price in usa..kinds bs....or the clost to the same as gmpartsdirect.ca

if anyone has any low mileage used ones i may be interested depending on price and i would rather local (GTA)

Old 11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

First and cheapest would be replace the shocks with stiffer ones. Bilsteins would be my advice.