Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

revolver shackles

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
sapper7delta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default revolver shackles

im trying to find were i can purchase revolver shackles for my 1975 blazer. i have seached all over and can only find them for jeeps and small vehicles. if anyone knows of a one of these other vehicles that they make them for that might fit my application please let me know thanks

Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: revolver shackles

What do you mean by revolver shackles? Are you talking about a shackle flip? Front or rear?

Old 01-23-2009, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Revolver shackles are hinged shackles that when under load are folded up, and the same size as a normal shackle. When flexing, the shackle opens up, allowing much greater flex. Theyre supposedly designed for the vehicle to prevent driveline binding...but..Ive heard mixed reviews.

I dont think I've seen them for K5s...Just s10 blazers/trucks Revolver Shackles

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Brain fart! LMAO!!

Yep, thats what they are. As far as finding them for the K5. The problem you will run into in the back is that the stock rear shackle hanger is inverted (ie. under the leaf spring). You would need to do a shackle flip in the back before doing this arrangement. That will lift the rear 4" with most typical shackle flips.

In the front, the shackle goes through the center of the frame where it is dropping down to go under the cab. Also, the shackle for the front is in the back of the spring which would not make for a favorable situation with your front pinion angle using a revolver. So the front suspension would have to be modified with a fixed mount for the rear of the front spring and the shackle up front.