Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

time for new ball joints???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough
Default time for new ball joints???

so back when i got my truck it has always had a horrible rattle coming from the front of the truck. i just thought this was normal and let it be. after driving a friends blazer (with straight pipes and it is loud as hell!!!) and i notice there is no ratteling. so i decided its time for new ball joints.

now im on rock auto and i can either buy a cheap brand for 10 bucks a piece, or i can get the moog for about 50 a piece.

now keep in mind i have the front t-bar cranked and i think they are just going to wear out fast again. but what do you think i should buy?

also on another note, since im going to have my whole front assembly undone im going to get another half axle since my boot is totally shot to hell. (that is a no brainer)

well advice is welcome here guys.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't immediately jump to the conclusion that it is the ball joints. Unless you have checked them and found play, start looking at the shock mounts (for looseness) as well as the hood hinges (GM released a conical washer to tighten up the hood hinge area for this very concern - sounds exactly like a ball joint rattle, except for a little closer to you).