Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

torsion bar how-to?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

OH Ya Brain fart on my behalf We are entitled to them

Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

so if i get new after market torsion keys or what ever will that help reduce wear and tear?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. The wear & tear is caused by the more acute angles in the suspension.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

damn what about http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...&productId=207 i thought that would be a big help?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Having new, high quality parts is always a plus. The ball joints and the CV shafts are the two most commonly impacted parts when lifting using the t-bars.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:15 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sledneck16
correct me if im wrong--but 2wd s10's seem to be coil spring IFS and 4x4's all seem to be torsion springs--the twisting of the torsion bars (you can't miss them they are big bars that go through the lower a arm near the frame and attach to the frame in a bout the middle of the truck) acts as a spring due to the resilience in the metal.

hehe i like using my big college words
So there is not way I can get 1" of lift with my 4X2 via torsion bars?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

nope, us 2wd drive guys have springs up front not tb's. they do make lift springs and lift spindles tho

Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM

I realize I could look it up, but you might know how much they cost? If not don't bother lookin it up!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

idk off hand, lol im going the other direction with my blazer so i dont keep up on the lifted stuff to much.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 PM

Yeah I was just curious, found a place that'll sell NEW 30x9.5R15 BFG Mud Terrains for 89 bucks a piece and figured a 1" lift would help, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit w/o it

Quick Reply: torsion bar how-to?