Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Venting about Suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM
mad_blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Venting about Suspension lift

This post is to vent. LOL Ok I am officially tired of the so-called Rough Country Lift Kit. I installed it on my 2001 Blazer about 4 months ago. I had it alligned right away. Took a drive and hit a couple mud holes. And it pulled out the upper a-arm to mess up the allignment. The front sits considerably higher than the rear (looks like crap). The CV axles were replaced almost immediately after the install due to mileage and severe angle. I replaced both CV's and last nightdiscovered the right side has blown out again. The angle of the cv's is unreal. I would not recommend this kit to anyone else. I believe that I am going to uninstall it and go back to stock.

Now here is the question.... If I go back to stock and crank the stock t-bar keys will I get the same affect in front lift without the severe cv axle angle? I am planning on selling the Blazer soon (need more room for family) and just need to figure out if I should sell it stock of lifted. Thanks

Old 09-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Verno will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Venting about Suspension lift

More than likely if you go back to stock, and crank the tbars more than 1.5 inches, you'll start spitting grease again.
The angle of the cv's shafts will be severe again.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point

if your gonna sell it then id put it back to stock

Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this the kit with the revised or included upper control arms? I was thinking about getting this kit but might change my mind.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 AM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like your using cheap CV joints? I have not had a problem with mine, Trailmaster 5 inch lift, BDS upper control arms, reclocked torsion keys, sits level until i give it half throttle...lol! looks awesome

Old 10-01-2008, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

If you lift without dropping the diff (like the 5" and 6" kits do) you will increase the CV angle. Regardless of the lift, whether it be a "kit" or a simple wrench and tbar crank, CV angles will change

Old 10-04-2008, 05:38 AM

to 95Blzr... The kit did include the tubular upper a-arms.
See I got a deal on the kit from someone cleaning out their garage. It was brand new and all there, and I check all the part numbers to make sure it was all correct. Either way, I am removing the kit and going back to stock. I certainly do understand the "science" behind suspension,but I guess I just don't undertsand why a company would sell a product that creates more problems rather than enhancing the vehicle.
tobad350v8s10tahoe... What CV axles would you recommend? Or company that designs them for extreme/heavy duty use? Thanks

Old 10-04-2008, 05:47 AM

I guess I should have stuck with lowered blazers. LOL

Old 10-04-2008, 09:56 AM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with napa or better cv joints, i dont have a name of a brand off hand right now. Maybe you should stick with 2wd? lol! My next blazer will be 2wd too since i want to do up a kool pre-runner style with a rear locker for traction [8D]somebody on here will buy your 2 inch kit im sure

Old 10-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy my front lift kit lol