Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

wanna lower my truck a bit

Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default wanna lower my truck a bit

ok i have always been a fan of a lowered suv and love the look of the blazer/jimmy/bravada lowerd on bigger rims but i live in NY and its a snowy 3-4 months of the yr here so how could i possibly get that lowered look but still have a usable SUV in the winter months,any ideas are welcome cuz im a newb when it comes to SUV suspensions..thanx and if this is in a wrong area im srry

Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is actually quite easy to lower a 4wd/awd s-series truck. Get lowering blocks for the rear and crank down on your torsion bar adjusters for the front. Check out the Tech Article (DIY) section for the how-to for torsion bar lift and just do the opposite when it comes to turning the bolt. As far as the blocks are concerned, search on google for s10 lowering blocks and you should find a few different retailers that carry that product.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Beginning Member
gmc004x4 is on a distinguished road

my 00 jimmy is lowered and we had 20+ inches here and my truck worked as it did before i lowered it.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by gmc004x4
my 00 jimmy is lowered and we had 20+ inches here and my truck worked as it did before i lowered it.
oh nice,well i guess ill try it out when spring rolls around here,id prolly have to get some bigger rims 1st cuz a lowered SUV on the stock 15s and tall *** tires would look really retarded..but its good to know that a drop is possable w/ such reletive ease,i wanted to lower my cavalier Z24 when i had that but it would of cost alot,now what kinda rims could be used on my SUV that come stock on GM vehicles that are of bigger size and would look decen w/ a drop?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It is actually quite easy to lower a 4wd/awd s-series truck. Get lowering blocks for the rear and crank down on your torsion bar adjusters for the front. Check out the Tech Article (DIY) section for the how-to for torsion bar lift and just do the opposite when it comes to turning the bolt. As far as the blocks are concerned, search on google for s10 lowering blocks and you should find a few different retailers that carry that product.
ok kool,um what kinda drop approx are we talkin here? nothin drastic but noticable is the result im going for

Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk

You need to be careful with this. I ruined my cv axle boots by going to low. Not to mention the ride was insanely harsh take in mind I was running stock shocks.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
You need to be careful with this. I ruined my cv axle boots by going to low. Not to mention the ride was insanely harsh take in mind I was running stock shocks.
It is the same scenario as lifting too high. The CV joint angles change and the boots don't like to flex different from what they have been since new. There is always a catch-22 with modifications.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Beginning Member
TommySkillz is on a distinguished road

I putt 20's on my 95 4door 4x4 and I putt 3in blocks in the back and slamed the bars in the front down. It looks cool as hell, I havent had any problems with my cvs and Im running stock shocks, Dont know but all is well here. I have pics up in the photo gallery if interested