Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Why is a 2+2 not recommened?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Starting Member
LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why is a 2+2 not recommened?

I've heard it said a 2" body lift, together with a 2" suspension lift is not recommened...anyone know why?

Old 02-03-2007, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Why is a 2+2 not recommened?

If you cant get a reply try to pm a_tack

hes good with suspension.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:59 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

I am pretty sure there is nothing "bad" about having a 2 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift. It will create for some bad body rolling by that can be fixed/avoided. Considering no one has given feedback on your question in 2 days which is usually unlikely I would say there is no real threat of doing this but it also probably isnt the best thing for your truck either.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the suspension manufacturers just state that to cover their asses. The higher you go, the higher your center of gravity will be making a rollover more likely. If it's installed corectly and you drive safely, it'll be fine. I used to have a 3/4 ton chevy way back when with a 4" suspension and 2" body lift with 35" tires and never had a problem with it.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:48 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

The bad thing about the 2 inch suspension adn the 2 inch body is that it will be extremely top heavy and unreliable. A 2 inch suspension lift for these trucks cranks the T-bars to the max and uses shackles or add-a-leafs on the rear. The 2 inch lift itself is very very hard on your vehicle. It puts unnecessary strain on ball joints, and places your cv shafts at dangerous angles. I personally would not reccomend a 2 inch suspension lift period. However it is your decision. I will warn you though, even reputable companies like Superlift issue warnings on their 2 inch kits. They say "not intended for hard off road use." If you like to go mudding, or four wheeling, or whatever people like to call it, a 2 inch lift will strongly increase your chances of snapping a cv shaft. If you really want that much lift, just buy a 5"-6" suspension. The kits have lowering brackets and other hardware to correct drivetrain and cv angles. If you are just wanting the lift for looks and no off road use... by all means... go for it... it would look awesome... however it will be dangerous to use in harder driving conditions......... Hope this was of some help to you.....

Old 02-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Starting Member
LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks...I've decided top put the 2" body lift on, and this summer, do a solid axle swaparoo.

I promise there will be pics-o-plenty when that happens.

BTW: Ashland KY is absolutely gorgeous. I used to go through there a few years ago.