Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

17x9 Camaro SS wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 17x9 Camaro SS wheels

Going to pick up some new rims if I can get them on a deal. Im wondering what is the biggest tire or size 17 I can run with no issues on a stock suspension wise 04 4x4 4 door.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

30x9.5 is the max recommended size for stock trucks. I was looking around on tirerack and it seems 235/70r17 an 245/70r17 are pretty close.

Be warned though, it's a very wide wheel so there could potentially be rubbing issues inside the wheelwell against the frame. TripleBlackBlazer has them on his truck and they look awesome. One of the best looking wheels on a blazer.

Here's his build thread https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...e-46904/page3/ he goes into more detail of what he had to do to make his tires fit well.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I took about 1-1.5" or so out of the back of the front fender well and it still occasionally rubs in turns on inclines. They rub about an inch worth of the frame too at full lock. No sway bar issues. Also, 255s are just a tad too narrow for the 9" wide wheel. 265 or 275 would be best. They had a little trouble seating them but eventually got them mounted. I have ZR2 t-bars to put in but haven't yet. I will hopefully be having some stops welded on the a arms so it doesn't rub the frame if the tbars don't solve the rubbing.

Oh, and I love the rims/tires. They look awesome and sometimes I "let" my Wife drive my truck so I can watch it as it goes down the road.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:15 AM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I didnt realize the extra half inch would be such a big deal, I had 18s that were 8.5 and now Im just not really into the 15x7s I went to and cant bring myself to but used zr5s and then still have to re-finish them.
Like I said seems like these will fall in my lap for a good deal and might just pick them up.
I love these wheels on our trucks saw inspiration in a truck in NY when I first bought mine new.

Doesnt look trimed, he must have been no?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I just mentioned the width thing because I remembered TBB had a picture of where it was rubbing against the frame. His tires are closer to 31x10.5 so that could have added to the problem. I did a search for 265 and 275 tires and couldn't find much that was close to 30x9.5. 265/60/17 is a little closer but there were only two choices listed. Here are all the 17" sizes (Tire Sizes by Diameter - 17")

That pic doesn't look like it's been trimmed but the tire looks very, very close to the fender. Too close for comfort IMO