Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

4x4 with 2wd wheels and 265/70/16 tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 02:35 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

the right triangulated 4 link will give you WAAAAYYYY more flex than any leaf spring suspension ever will... better ride on the road thanks to coil overs too!

by the way Jamroon, was looking through your SAS built thrad; you'll like those KM2's once you get that thing rolling on the trails had a set for a little while on my Tacoma and they did GREAT on the road and on the trails. eventually went bigger with the Mickey Thompson Baja MT's only because I got a decent deal on them though lol

Attached Thumbnails 4x4 with 2wd wheels and 265/70/16 tires-0310131148b.jpg  

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 06-24-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I have KM2's on the Blazer and yes I love them lol, the tires in the SAS Thread are BFG Krawlers but I may or may not end up running them. They're a little bigger than I would like, I have them for sale. If they don't sell I'll run them and hopefully not break. If they do sell I have a set of 37" Cooper STT's that I'll run.

Oh and btw, I do like those wheels on your truck. If the grill didn't have the chrome strip I think they would look out of place, but the chrome strip kind of ties it together I guess.

Last edited by Jamaroon; 06-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I'll pay for shipping if you just wanna give me them krawlwers. I've got a perfect spot to put them!

Old 06-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Beginning Member
goldnugget is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
yeah that's what I'm afraid of... and I'm not about to notch my frame just to clear some tires lol. what's the smallest spacers that can go on the front? (the adapter style that have they're own new studs) I'd like to stay around an inch wider for the front on either side. How much difference is there between the front and rear width on either side, 3/4 inch? I think if I go too far I'm going to run into issues hitting the front valance and bottom right of the fender... might end up being a whole project at once, wheel spacers AND about 1 1/2 of lift via shackles and torsion bar adjustments :P
The thinnest adapter I found was 3/4" from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

You need to custom build it on their site. I forget the price but its ~$60.

They have bora adapters you could do 1" front(crossing your fingers that will do it) and 2" rear to aid in appearance.

The front track is supposed to be 2" wider overall...though I measured a few times over and mine seems to be slightly wider at about 2 3/8" wider compared to the rear. I think it looks really goofy having the rears tires so far in. I'll get some pics up in my thread once my spacers and adapters arrive.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I'll pay for shipping if you just wanna give me them krawlwers. I've got a perfect spot to put them!

Funny guy!

And you're no better off for running the krawlers than I am :P

Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Your probably right but they sure are pretty!!

Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by goldnugget
The thinnest adapter I found was 3/4" from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

You need to custom build it on their site. I forget the price but its ~$60.

They have bora adapters you could do 1" front(crossing your fingers that will do it) and 2" rear to aid in appearance.

The front track is supposed to be 2" wider overall...though I measured a few times over and mine seems to be slightly wider at about 2 3/8" wider compared to the rear. I think it looks really goofy having the rears tires so far in. I'll get some pics up in my thread once my spacers and adapters arrive.
but are the lugs short enough to only run a 1" spacer? I guess if not they can always be ground down, but I really don't want to do that :/ I guess the easiest way to find out would be to just measure a wheel stud from hub surface to tip :P

Old 06-25-2014, 02:55 PM

actually just took a measurement (convenient working in a junk yard ) looks like 1 3/8" is as short as you can go and still clear the studs, so I may go with that in the front, and 2 3/8" or 2 1/2" for the rear (assuming the front fits with 1 3/8" spacers). I just hope it doesn't push out too far and the tire starts hitting the front valance or bottom rear of the fender. The valance I can trim so that wouldn't be a big deal, but the bottom corner of the fender, I really don't want to pound in with a hammer or cut it up...

Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
Either do some more research before commenting or stop commenting on anything off road related. You might know drag racing but you obviously don't know off road.

4 links are king of the hill when it comes to off-roading. The majority of hardcore off road buggies run 4 link suspensions front and rear.
You mad bro?
Look at the 4 link on your skid steer or man lift. Or even Machinerys Hand book. Any first year engineering text will point you to the same conclusion.
I dont mean to anger.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:15 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=LeWhite;629817]You mad bro?
Look at the 4 link on your skid steer or man lift. Or even Machinerys Hand book. Any first year engineering text will point you to the same conclusion.
I dont mean to anger.
I do go to many different types of motor sport events to see if there is any thing to be learned. Obviously I have failed to learn how off road has avoided solid axle 4 link bind.

Quick Reply: 4x4 with 2wd wheels and 265/70/16 tires