Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Double checking if these will fit on stock wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
wdb4719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Double checking if these will fit on stock wheels.

Hi,
I am still new to these forums but have been reading around for quite some time now. I drive a 1997 4x4x4 4.3L Vortech. I am currently looking at these tires: http://wilmington.craigslist.org/pts/526659456.html. From reading this thread (https://blazerforum.com/m_10637/tm.htm)if i am correct i believe they would fitwith no problems on the stock wheels. I would need a two inch body lift or suspension lift though to avoid rubbing. Is this correct? Also, I am ignorant of what a set of tires like this are valued. Not too sound helpless, but I am not exactly sure how I would go about looking that up.
Thanks you for your time,
Wells

Old 02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Double checking if these will fit on stock wheels.

Those tires run about 130-140 per tire brand new. From the pics, they look very worn (not much life left in em). You might want to ask him how many miles have been put on those tires, and for a picture showing the wear indicator in the tread to see how much tread is left.

They should fit pretty good without the lift but any offroading, any large bumps, sharp turns...etc will rub. A lift will definitely eliminate any chance of rubbage.

One thing to consider, you can get General Grabber AT2's for $99 per tire (400 for set) for brand new tires with 50k+ miles to go, instead of 300 for not many miles.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
wdb4719 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help. I sent him an e-mail asking if he was willing to go down on the price. Maybe if i could get them for 200 dollars or so they would be worth it depending on the wear? Hopefully I can get a look at them this weekend and determine the full wear.
Thanks for the help again,
Wells

Old 02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I think 200 would be a pretty good deal if they have some lift left in them. Are you gunna be doing alot of highway driving or mostly offroad/snow with em?

As with most tires, they'll probably have an accelerated wear curve towards the end of their life...or at least seem like it.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Since we don't get much snow here in Wilmington I am going to guess that its a lot of on road driving. I looked at this ad and decided against it, because they are so worn and that's kind of a high price. I would continue looking around before I droped that much doe on those tires.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran

Haha...wow didn't even catch that...

Yea all road driving would kill those tires pretty quick.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say unless you can get them for like 100 or less just buy some grabbers. Those tires look like they are more then half worn out and $300 is WAAYY to much for them with less than half tread.