Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

ebay

Old 06-06-2006, 11:53 PM
quontush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ebay

Has anyoyone ever bought tires off of ebay? i need new tires soon and was looking, just asking to see hwta people think found a set of pro comp al teraines 4 for under 400$ shiped
any imput would be great, thanks

Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ebay

I suppose as long as the seller has a good reputation and has been selling NEW tires for quite awhile, I may be inclined to buy tires off ebay... But those would have to be a must. I would not buy used tires off ebay unless they were attached to something else you were also interested in (ie. rims), but would still have to carefully inspect them for problems before putting them on my vehicle.

Just be careful!!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

the only concern I would have if they're new, how would you go about taking advantage of the treadlife warranty? A ebay invoice probably wouldn't satisfy a receipt.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Treadlife warranties are the biggest rip-off EVER. Just choose your tire ratings appropriately.

I had attempted to get some compensation out of tires that wore WAY too quickly and only got a prorated compensation that wasn't even worth the time and effort I put into getting it. Every case is different though.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

I've been buying costco tires for a long time now. You just cant get a better deal for the money. Free rotations and balancing for the life of the tires... also they will repair your tires under warranty AND replace (of course they prorate but they are extremely fair). I guess I just like not having to spend to rotate and balance them, and for plugging and patching.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a friend pick up a set of tires off ebay for his jeep and didn't have any problems with them til he broke is control arm I think it was. or idler arm. not sure which. So It caused the tires to wear out on the inside. I'm either going that route or browsing the web looking for 4x4 stores.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Tire Rack -Click has good prices also. I got mine through them, they are authorized sellers, and very helpful if something goes wrong. eBay sellers likely will not be there to help or even care if something goes wrong later

Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Starting Member
djremix is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a great deal off a set of tires through a local shop (sullivan Tires if you ever heard of them.) They actually didn't stock the tires I wanted (Kuhmo Ecsta STX 255/50/17) but they a set off TireRack.com for me. They gave me the same price as tirerack.com, didn't charge me for shipping and installed, balanced, stems included for free...pretty sweet!