Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

general grabber at2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: general grabber at2 ?

T/A lol

You might want to take a look at the BFG site.
ALL the truck tires are T/A tires.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/catal...p-truck/7.html

The BFG T/A KO (All-Terrain) was the first BFG tire that wonBaja 1000.
The all-terrain that KOs the competition. What it is:The tire that invented the all-terrain category remains the race-winning standard for on- and off-road performance, great mileage and a bold look that transforms the appearance of any vehicle you put it on. Who it’s for: Pickup, jeep and SUV owners who want to step up in looks and true all-terrain on- and off-road performance from their original equipment tires.

As for the warrenty.
What's Covered
All BFGoodrich® tires have a limited warranty, which covers defects in workmanship and material for the life of the original usable tread or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
Some BFGoodrich tires also carry a limited warranty for tread life or mileage.

Now if you dont believe me that the T/A tires have won the past 20 years. Heres the article.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap...e/11162007.jsp
Opps sorry, I was wrong, its now 21 consecutive years.

and just one more article.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap.../12112001A.jsp

Yep, the BFG T/A KO All-Terrain tires have a race proven history of winning races. All of the modern racing tires spawned from the KO. I'll pay the couple extra bucks. It's worth every penny. I ahve abused these tires, even broken a belt on one once. Free replacement. true they don't warranty how many miles you will get out of them, however they do stand behind thier product, and its been proven time and again that it is durable, and will win races in harsh conditions.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that they are all T/A, but I know that you didn't by tires based off of a race 20 years ago. And still they won on the BAJAs not the All terrain. I am not saying that BFGs are not good tires I have owned them and loved them. But until you have owned both I don't feel that you can speak about both. Reading reviews and articles doesn't cut it. And this shouldn't be about what is better, or what is worse. They are BOTH great tires. You just have to decide for yourselfwhat you want to buy. 400 for the grabbers or 620 for the BFGs (based on tirerack.com).

Old 04-05-2008, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my tires based on numerous things. One of them being past history. I bought my Chevy becuase Chey's win most of the races I watched.

Yes, The BFG All-Terrains are still winning the Baja Races.
This is the 2004 Baja winners list.
The following is a complete list of BFGoodrich Tires 2004 SCORE Baja 1000 winners:
[ul][*]Class 1 & OVERALL - Troy Herbst/Larry Roeseler, Baja T/A[*]Trophy-Truck - Mark Miller/Ryan Arciero, Baja T/A[*]Class 3 - Donald Moss, Baja T/A[*]Class 5 - George Seeley, Baja T/A[*]Class 7S - Nick Moncure, Baja T/A[*]Class 7SX - Pepe Rodriguez, All Terrain T/AKO[*]Class 8 - Todd Willie, Baja T/A[*]Class 10 - Martin Christiansen, Baja T/A[*]Class 12 - Dave Calloway, Baja T/A[*]Full Stock - Chad Hall, Baja T/A[*]Baja Challenge - Michel Jordain, Jr., All Terrain T/AKO[*]Mini Stock - Kreg Donahoe, Mud Terrain T/AKM[*]Class ½-1600 - Rob MacCachren, All Terrain T/AKO[*]Sportsman Truck - Jason LaFortune, Mud Terrain T/AKM [/ul]
3 of those winners where on the BFG All-Terrain tires. Class 7SX, Baja Challenge, and Class 1/2-1600. Oddly enough the All-Terrains won more races in 2004 then the Mud Terrains. I am sure if I kept digging in BFG archives I could come up with teh '05, '06, and '07 winners list. This list just happened to be the one that google brought up first.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:50 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Im not saying the grabbers aren't good tires because they ARE! However, General tire does not have as good a reputation/as well known of a name as BF Goodrich. I talked to three local tire shops that didn't even know general made a tire called the Grabber AT2... guys who have been in business for 30+ years. . . . Honestly, I tried to get em simply because of money, but ended up with the BFG's for sheer lack of availability and lack of available information/reviews on the grabber at2 tires.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

willjones those tires look ridiculously good on your truck, congrats

Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran

Let me back up some. I am not out to slam another guys choice on tires. If you like them, that is all that matters. It's your money, and we all spend it how we see fit. I am glad you got tires you liked.

I was simple saying they are NOT the best All-Terrain tires out there. There are better, granted your going to pay more for them, however there are better.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member
wiblazerman is an unknown quantity at this point

(Hanr3 ) just wondering if u picked your wife the same way or your house or kids. with gas peices the way they are i will buy 400 dollar tires not 620. looks like u started on the wrong foot in this thread. The place were i bought my grabbers they had the tires the next day no problems

Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 PM
gross28 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it possible to get those tires in 35's?

Old 04-05-2008, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

General Tire is produced and owned by Continental Tires.

BF Goodrich founded in 1896. Continental founded in 1871.

Via the transitive property of mathematics:

Continental > BF Goodrich, General Tire = Continental, General Tire > BF Goodrich

I'm not fooled by BFGs long running sponsorship of Baja racers...If I had enough money I could get Wolfpack Tires to win the Baja . Don't fall for the BFG marketing trickery

Old 04-06-2008, 07:59 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Well played my friend. And thanks YepIOwnA97Blazer, I really like the way they look to. As soon as it stops raining I am going to try to get some better pics.

Quick Reply: general grabber at2 ?