Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Wrangler Authority

Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default Goodyear Wrangler Authority

Anyone have these tires? I was planning on 30x9.5x15 BFG All Terrains but now I'm kinda leaning towards the Goodyears. They are a Walmart-only tire and they're like $130 each for 31x10.5x15

I've done a lot of searching and have found several threads regarding these on other forums but I thought I'd ask here so I'd get as much input as possible.

They are Made In USA and allegedly, the 31" (but not the other sizes) have the 'severe weather mountain/snowflake' rating. There are many good reports on them but being a Walmart-only, it begs the question of whether or not Goodyear 'cut corners' for a customer specific product to sell at a low price. (some posts have even suggested that Walmart licensed the Goodyear name and produced them on their own)

Old 10-29-2010, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

My future brother in law runs them on the back of his 1500 2wd.... He says they are the best tires he has ever had....

Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 AM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

i am planning to run them when i do my t-bar and shackle lift. so if you get them you should post back up. I have a xj also and people on the jeep forums really like them. they say there better then most a/t's off road.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nismo_2005 View Post
i am planning to run them when i do my t-bar and shackle lift. so if you get them you should post back up. I have a xj also and people on the jeep forums really like them. they say there better then most a/t's off road.
Yeah I found a thread on cherokeeforum where a few people were reporting back after a year or so with them and they all seem to have pretty good reviews. I was able to get discount tire to pricematch some wrangler duratracs for basically the same price as the authority but I may have to hold off on the tire purchase for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure if their pricematch offer will be good then. If I can't get the wrangler duratrac, I'll end up going with these authority's.

They do look awesome

Old 11-06-2010, 03:34 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

yeah i really like the duratracs also. i am still deciding what tires to run. winter is getting close and i want some new meats by then though. i have a set of hercules terra trac's in 30/9.50/15 that i am thinking about putting on there for the winter nice tires with a ton of tread left that came off my jeep. and they can be had pretty cheap. i can through a pic up of them if you want.

here they are not as beasty as the authorities or dura tracs but they are a pretty nice tire and they last for a good while

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-06-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Beginning Member
Dustyrandall is on a distinguished road

Same as in Canada they sell em at Canadian tire to though so don't think there wall mart knock offs if there all the way up here as well haha. I'm getting some on sale for 160 normally 220 Canadian, that's the 31x10.5r15 it's the only metric for sale but thank **** cause that's the exact tire I was lookin for to! Gonna run them on my tb n' shkld 05 4x4 ls blzr 2dr stock rims.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
bigzimnh1 is on a distinguished road

I work at a walmart tire and lube, and i havent had any complaints on those tires. I want to run them on my 97 blazer but i just cant afford to lift it yet.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member
Dustyrandall is on a distinguished road

Bigzimnh1 YOU DON'T NEED LIFT TO FIT 31'S IF THERE ON STOCK RIMS! JUST TB CRANK, WHICH IS FREE! AND IF YOU WANT THE BACK UP TO THEN JUST BUY 100 DOLLAR SHACKLES.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dustyrandall View Post
Bigzimnh1 YOU DON'T NEED LIFT TO FIT 31'S IF THERE ON STOCK RIMS! JUST TB CRANK, WHICH IS FREE! AND IF YOU WANT THE BACK UP TO THEN JUST BUY 100 DOLLAR SHACKLES.
A torsion bar crank is a lift and it's not "free". It might not cost anything to actually tighten them, but additional stress and out-of-spec suspension angles can, and likely will, cause costs down the road.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mdehoogh View Post
A torsion bar crank is a lift and it's not "free". It might not cost anything to actually tighten them, but additional stress and out-of-spec suspension angles can, and likely will, cause costs down the road.

Agreed!!! I have the RC control arms, 2 in shackles in the rear, and close to two inches cut off the back of my fender and I still rub alot. Granted I don't have stock wheels and spend alot of time offroad but I am running these tires. I had BFG A/Ts before and I rub way worse now. For an A/T tire these things have some pretty serious tread on them. That being said I do love them they perform really well on anything I drive them through, on, or over! I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you may still rub and yes like mdehoogh stated you will wear out parts faster. Oh and its a really good idea to get an alignment after you crank your tbars especially enough to try and fit 31" tires.