Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Need help on tires/rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
eo1davista is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help on tires/rims

Hey Guys and Gals
Need a little help here, I just got my Blazer about a year ago and then got deployed with the Navy Seabees to Africa. While I’m here I wanted to get some stuff to spruce up my Blazer. I want to do the Superlift 2” suspension lift kit and through on some 15”X 10”Crager Street Lock D Window Black Wheels with Wrangler MT/R 32X11.5R15LT but I don’t know if the rims will fit since I can’t find out what the backspacing max and min are, weather the 15” rims will clear the brakes, or what the offset should be. Any ideas would help out a lot, thanks again

Toby Davis
2004 4Dr 4WD Blazer LS

Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Need help on tires/rims

Any 15" rim will be fine on the brakes (unless you've changed them to larger rotors/calipers). But the back spacing is important. I believe the stock rims have 6" of back spacing.

The 2" Superlift doesn't have a good following here. It really is only a set of torsion bar keys up front which puts the front suspension at harsh angles. This puts quite a bit more stress on the balljoints that some have problems with at stock ride height.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 AM

so what suspension lift should should i go with and where can i get one, as well as how hard are they to install

Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a gettin a Rough Country 2in suspension lift at teh end of the month prolly. i have heard some good things and bad things about it. it comes with new longerupper control arms to help out with some of the angles of the suspension.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 AM

ok i like the lift but they recommend 31 inch tires and i really want to go to at least 32's if not more but i don't wanna go to the extreme's of a 6" lift, so will the 32's fit under with that lift kit or do i need to do a body lift as well

Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

15x10's are going to be way too wide for your truck, even with the 2" SL (which is a complete waste of money, IMO... just get shackles and crank your t-bars).

With 15x10's, even if you can find a rim with 5" of backspacing, you're still going to stick out 4" more on each side, plus whatever the additional width of the tire is.

If you really want to fit 32's, you'll want to either keep the stock rims, or get some 15x8's with 5" of backspacing (at the very least). Get a 2" BL, crank your t-bars, install a set of shackles, and trim the front fenders a bit.

That, or just get a 5" or 6" suspension lift.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:53 AM

so i fi went with a 6" suspension lift and 15X8's with 5"backspace everything will fit without trimming the fenders. is that right?