Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Ok well i'll make another tire thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough
Default Ok well i'll make another tire thread

Ok so i've been doing my research. I've decided i really like the cooper discoverer STT's. I can get them for $182 a piece installed/balanced. I'm going to go with the 30x9.5x15 flavor. Anyone have any experience with these tires good or bad?

Here's a pic for reference.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I had the older style STT's a few years back without the siping. GREAT in the mud, no so much in the snow. I put wear at great for an M/T. On road noise wasn't bad at all, unless you sat in the back seat. They crawled on rock pretty good, though I did lose a few chunks of rubber here and there. I think that goes for just about any tires on sharp rocks.

Overall, I'd say they are a great choice for tires. And I've heard the newer style are so much better in the snow than the ones I had.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the review . Do you think i'm doing ok on the price or should i shop around for a better one? (the guy i got the price from is a locally owned tire guy that i "usually" get my stuff from. He's good people)

Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

$137ea DISCOVERER STT LT

Most tire franchises (ntb, discount) will match prices for online stores. Some will only match the shipped-price though so you may have to add the cost of shipping on top of that price and then mount/balance. If your $182 price includes road hazard, then the online price may not be much of a deal.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
$137ea DISCOVERER STT LT

Most tire franchises (ntb, discount) will match prices for online stores. Some will only match the shipped-price though so you may have to add the cost of shipping on top of that price and then mount/balance. If your $182 price includes road hazard, then the online price may not be much of a deal.
yeah, i been doing some searching and it seems most of the prices i'm seeing ordering online are from 175 all the way to 220 per tire. Plus road hazard, and that doesn't include mounting and balancing.

The price of $182 per tire does include mounting and balancing, not sure about road hazard though i'll have to ask.