Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with wheel spacers

Old 02-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default People with wheel spacers

Hey just curious if you guys are loctiting or never seizing on the nuts that hold the wheel spacers to the axle/hubs?

edit: What I mean by spacers are the ones that are like 1.25"-2.5" wide.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: People with wheel spacers

if there stock wheels YOU CANT HAVE SPACERS, for both safthey amd mechanical reasons

Old 02-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy who I work with, put them on his blazer...

They snapped off on the highway, taking a turn.

Be carefull with them. some have had problems, some havent...Im pretty sure a few users on here have them with no problems.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

if there stock wheels YOU CANT HAVE SPACERS, for both safthey amd mechanical reasons

elaborate...

Old 02-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Zasder

My buddy who I work with, put them on his blazer...

They snapped off on the highway, taking a turn.

Be carefull with them. some have had problems, some havent...Im pretty sure a few users on here have them with no problems.
is this good enough example, we cant leaggley put them on at my work, i cant even put them on my own truck near teh shop

Old 02-24-2008, 11:54 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

This topic has been argued to death. People are always going to believe what they have heard I had them on my old truck for 2 and 1/2 years. Wheeling it hard, towing a boat, and putting 63,000 miles on it. Never one problem. But then there are people that claim tohave a wheel fall off after 2 weeks. But who knows if everything was torqued correctly and then retourqed after some miles.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Sorry Will were you making a statement, or do you have them? I have a pair of 1.25" that I am going to put on the rear of my jimmy. I think I am just going to do what I normally do. A little bit of never seize, torque them properly, and then check them periodically.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I had them on my old truck. And I also bought them for my Blazer. I am going to put them on after I finish with everything else. I think that your plan is right on track.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:08 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

Ummm... yes you can, and it's totally safe, so long as you torque them properly, and check them every oil change, you're safe...

Just make sure they're hub + lug centric... or at least hub centric.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just fuel for thought.

GM designed the hub bearings to handle a specific balanced load. When you change the wheel/tire offset, you change the load on the bearings, you also change the Akerman angle, and the forces pushed up through your ball joints. Not too mention the extra effrot your power steering pump is exerting.

This of it this way, is it easier to carry a case of your favorite beverage next to your body or with your arms extended out in front of you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: People with wheel spacers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.