Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions....?

Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions....?

I know nothing about tires so bare with me!

My tires are only about 4 months old, but I want different rims...Can I go to my dealer and have him put new rims on my old tires? or do I have to get all new tires.

And also I dont know what kind of rims I need, I have a 2000 Blazer Stock 2door 4x4, All I know is that I want black rims, Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Questions....?

yes you can keep the tires and get new rims BUT youre limited to the size of the rim. your stock rims are 15x7 (diameter x width) and your bolt pattern is 5 on 4 3/4 (this cant be different!!) so you would have to get the same size wheels, unless you went narrower but IMO that would look bad. im in the same situation as you tho, new tires, and want new wheels. im gonna hold out until i need new tires so i can get bigger rims. hereare some black ones that are very decent price, american racing also has some of the same style but they tend to be more pricey.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank alot, That really helped.

Now does back spacing make a differnece? I see 4.0 and 4.5

Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 AM

oops forgot that. heres what swartlkk said about it in an older post(search function works great)

"If your truck is a 4wd, then around 6" of backspacing. 2wd is around 4". Backspacing is measured from the back lip of the rim to the hub mounting surface."

so the less backspace, the more your wheel will be out from the truck. hopefully someone else will come along w/ some more input about backspacing if that dont help you...

Old 08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
thisjrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

whitetie I think you just help me find my next set of wheels THANX!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:40 AM

haha no problem dude. wish my tires would hurry up and wear out!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

15x7 wheels can be replaced with any 15" wheel, almost.

Backspacnig is critcal on our trucks. 6" is the factory backspacing on the 4x4. If oyu go less backspacing your will more then likely rub the rear front fender, even with stock tires.

I also like those black wheels and those might be my next set. We will see.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 PM

so that particular set wouldnt work b.c they only have them in 4 and 4.5" backspacing right?

Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 AM
thisjrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone define back spacing for me?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here ya go: