Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rim and Tire Size HELP!!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 10:57 PM
demjjm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rim and Tire Size HELP!!!!

I searched and seached and could not find where anyone had succesfully put 22's on a blazer. We are considering buying our son a 95 4X4 blazer, however we have always promised him that we would put 22's on his first car. Can anyone offer some insight???? I just need to know whether or not anyone has done it, what tire size they ran, and how much cutting they had to do. Also what is the offset to make the front and rear rims appear straight when looking at the truck from behind?

I put a set of 22's X 9.5 rims rolling on Toyo 265/40/22 on my older son's crew cab frontier last year, and the cutting and trimming was not too bad. I wanted to run 305/40/22's like I put on my wife's escalade, but they were too big. I measured the overall tire and rim on the frontier and it is approx. 30" high by 11' ride. Will this fit? Come on guys help a dad out

Old 09-23-2005, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rim and Tire Size HELP!!!!

This site might have some better input.
http://suvworld.tenmagazines.com/
SUV specific and a lot of the bling stuff.

Sorry, I am not into the bling stuff at all. I like the dirty world and play in the mud.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

Sorry, I am not into the bling stuff at all. I like the dirty world and play in the mud.
You dirty boy! Maybe we canplay in the mud together HAHA!

Old 09-25-2005, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I am game. Sounds like fun to me.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 AM
simpletireman is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest i wouldnt go any bigger than a 20inch on a blazer...from rapid brake wear to causing potential transmission problems, i do not think this is a totally wise choice...i work in a tire shop and see things like this all the time...i understand your need for the finer things, but i just would not recommend going that big on a blazer...check out this site as far as tire/wheel sizing and calculations go...
http://gs.tolan-hoechst.com/tirecalc.htm
Nick

Old 09-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Both of you guys are NAUGHTY!

Seriously though, I agree w/ Simple. Unfortunately not enough people really consider safety and longevity when it comes to "pimpin' out" the vehicle. Just like the ad says, you got a lot riding on those tires..Instead of bigger, how about brighter? I like those spinners...Sure would hate to get jacked for my rims though...

Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Talusgirl

Both of you guys are NAUGHTY!
You're just jealous that we didn't invite you yet [8D]

Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never ever gone mudding, and it sounds awesome-so I AM jealous!! I hate being the last picked for the team!! EWWW, dredging up bad grade school memories...must...block...out...

Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok man, I'm not sure about the NBS Blazer, but I've researched putting 22's on my Square Body at stock height, and it just won't work. You'd have to lift it up a little bit to get them on there and still be able to turn.

The 4WD's a kick in the *** too, that just makes things harder.

Overall, if you had your heart set on a Blazer, he might have to settle for 20's. If he's really counting on 22's, you might want to look into something a little larger.

I'm putting 22's on my Blazer, but that's a whole different story, lol [8D]

Old 10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran

Talusgirl, your more then welcome to come play too. Don't worry you won't be the last one picked. We will find more to come out and play.