Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

What size rim and tire can I fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Starting Member
wheylo is on a distinguished road
Default What size rim and tire can I fit

<p>I just bought a 99 blazer. I dreamed about this truck while reading Trukin. Problem is I know where I wanna go with it but I'm having trouble figuring out rims and tire size. It has stock 205/75/15 on now but the suspension has been dropped 3 -4 inches I scratch on flat roads. I scrub when in reverse with the stock tires on the wheel well. Of course I want to get AM rims what size is compatible.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You need to help us out with a few more details. Is your truck 2wd or 4wd? What are your goals? Ie. are you just wanting to get back to stock, are you wanting to keep it lowered, lifted, etc. Are you wanting to stuff 22's under it, bag it and lay the frame on the ground? We need a few more details so we can give you helpful advice.

You should double check the stock tire size because I have a feeling that the 205/75/15 isn't stock size either. It sounds to me like someone put extra skinny tires on there to try and make it fit with the lowering job. That being said, there were several different sizes that came stock on the Blazers and I could easily be wrong. I just know that stock size on my Blazer is 235/70/15.

Just a bit of starter info: Your lug pattern is 5x4.75". If you have a 2wd Blazer the stock backspacing is 4.5", and if you have a 4x4 then the stock backspacing is 6".

Last edited by El_Beautor; 02-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Starting Member
wheylo is on a distinguished road

<p>
Originally Posted by El_Beautor
You need to help us out with a few more details. Is your truck 2wd or 4wd? What are your goals? Ie. are you just wanting to get back to stock, are you wanting to keep it lowered, lifted, etc. Are you wanting to stuff 22's under it, bag it and lay the frame on the ground? We need a few more details so we can give you helpful advice.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You should double check the stock tire size because I have a feeling that the 205/75/15 isn't stock size either. It sounds to me like someone put extra skinny tires on there to try and make it fit with the lowering job. That being said, there were several different sizes that came stock on the Blazers and I could easily be wrong. I just know that stock size on my Blazer is 235/70/15.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Just a bit of starter info: Your lug pattern is 5x4.75&quot;. If you have a 2wd Blazer the stock backspacing is 4.5&quot;, and if you have a 4x4 then the stock backspacing is 6&quot;.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Its a 2wd and I read that the width of the tire stock depends on the suspension package. I wanna keep her low and would like to bag her but its just not economically sound right now. I'm looking for 18s maybe 20. There are a couple of guys selling Camaro rims one is older looking 18s and the others are 5th Gen ss rims that are 19s but I've read that they are like 11 inches wide mine now are 7 and the AM rims rm seem to be 8 in </p>

Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
earlbalentine@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Chevy Blazer, want bigger tires and a slight lift

My 2000 Chevy Blazer has P235/70R/15 tires on it presently. I want to travel some forest roads, I don't want to go hill, boulder or mud climbing.
I just want a little lift and All Terrain Tires for better traction.
How do I lift my vehicle 2" and add bigger tires to gain more height.
What's the maximum tire size with 2" lift? (without rubbing).