Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rims and Tires?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 PM
blazer4life is on a distinguished road
Default Rims and Tires?

Hey i got a totaly stock blazer LT 2000, it four wheel drive, wanna put some rims with chunky off road tires on it? But i dont wanna lift it if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

first i'd like to say welcome to the show brother, be sure to post a welcome in the right spot.
as for rubber, i'm gonna be upgrading to the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's soon. papacope has had them for 7 months now (i think that's what he PM'd me), and says he luvs them! read some reviews, the tires pretty much get a 4.5 to 4.7 out of 5 rating where ever i've read up on them.
regarding the rims, i'm probably gonna run with the Eagle Alloys Series 187 or 186. i've also liked the Series 058 ever since they came out (i think they used to be called "Baja"), i think that's what 1baddblazer is running. it's really all about your own personal flavor, you should go spend a Saturday @ a tire shop, looking through the catalogs.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think with a 4x4 you can fit up to 30"tires without lifting it but dont quote me on that if not you might have to see what you can get in 29's with some nice meat on them

Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerguy22 View Post
i think with a 4x4 you can fit up to 30"tires without lifting it but dont quote me on that if not you might have to see what you can get in 29's with some nice meat on them
your right, I ran 30's on my old blazer on stock height. Never had any rubbing issues

Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM

thanks for clarifying UnlimitedSP i kno i need to lift my 2wd to even fit 30's i wasnt sure on the 4x4 tho thnx

Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

honestly, don't even bother with a 29" tire (the factory tire is almost the same size. the one problem i find with running a 30" tire is, they all look out of proportion-too skinny for the height (IMO).
are you guys serious that the 2nd gen's can't fit 31" tires without rubbing hard? it figures that GM would screw with something that worked.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr View Post
honestly, don't even bother with a 29" tire (the factory tire is almost the same size. the one problem i find with running a 30" tire is, they all look out of proportion-too skinny for the height (IMO).
are you guys serious that the 2nd gen's can't fit 31" tires without rubbing hard? it figures that GM would screw with something that worked.
yeah the 2nd gen 2wd blazers need 6" of lift to fit 33's and 3" just to fit 30's. and the 4x4's i guess have it a bit better. and becuase of the above mentioned reason im going with 20" rims and tires on my truck instead of the lift and meaty tires i want 33's but dont want to spende the money on a 6 inch lift.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:34 PM
BF Guru

yeah the 2nd gen 2wd blazers need 6" of lift to fit 33's and 3" just to fit 30's. and the 4x4's i guess have it a bit better. and becuase of the above mentioned reason im going with 20" rims and tires on my truck instead of the lift and meaty tires i want 33's but dont want to spende the money on a 6 inch lift.
i hear you on the cost issue. these trucks look sweet with a 6" kit and 33's. but it's not in my pocket book's near future.