Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Suggestions please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Suggestions please!!

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Haha...a_tack I found an old thread (12/06) about a member that just put on some 30x9.5 Cooper Discoverer SST and you replied saying you really liked em

I think you should go with the Coopers!

https://blazerforum.com/m_50924/tm.htm
its STT... i believe the SST is a different model.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha oh man..sorry about that..I got a little excited there for a sec..

Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i think the nitto dune-grapplers are kinda neat... 31x10.5x15 is only $137 at tires-easy.com

Old 02-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I hope he plans on going with more than just 31's. Guess we'll have to wait and see 32s or 33s....

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
motoraser125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I need so help on the same thing.Toyo AT Vs. BFG AT?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran

36's!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked my Cooper STT.
Mine were a little bigger then 30" though, and they were around $170 each. Oh wait, that is what they cost most folks, I paid $10 for new valve stems. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time pays off.

I also like my BFG A/T a ton. That is what I run on my '00.
If your considering A/T tires, check out Michelin XLT. They are a good tire as well.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

im probably sticking with 31's or 32's... dont wanna go much bigger for a daily driver, gas prices are outrageous and all the roads here are curvy so higher=more body roll which= BAD!!!
I talked to my tire guy today and he has the cooper discoverer STT, BFG MT, Toyo Open Country MT, Dunlop Mud Rover all in stock and he said he can get the MIckey Thompsons.... however, he also said he has the Maxxis Bighorn in stock and out of all of these tires the Maxxis and the BFG seem to last the longest...... I can get the maxxis for about $125 each mounted and balanced... anyone have any experience with these tires???

they just dont seem much more aggressive than the BFG AT

problem seems to be finding a 31x10.50 that is actually 31" tall..lol seems like it would be a waste of time to go from a 30" tire to one that is 30.6" right?? wish I could fit 32's on just inches of lift..lol

CORRECTION:
Tire HeightWidth
BFG AT 30x9.50x15 29.5 9.4
BFG AT 31x10.50 30.710.5
BFG AT 32x11.50 31.711.7
Maxxis Bighorn 31x10.5030.610.9
BFG MT 31x10.5030.8&

Old 02-09-2008, 01:18 PM
fred96 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 236 75 15 summit mud dawgs on my 96 4x4 they are the exact same tire as the maxxis big horn, they are pretty quiet, ride great, and are excellent in mud so far but then again i only have 300 miles on em. i got em 2 weeks ago. i have pics of it but i dont know how to host them.

oh and trust me they are way more aggresive than the bfgs you are rollin on ive seen both side by side

Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

anyone ever used the interco TRXus MT???? I can get them for about $120 each

Quick Reply: Suggestions please!!