Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough
Default Tire decision

alright, i need tires for my personal blazer. 235/75r15. i dont want to lift it or anything so im just going stock. i have narrowed it down between these two tires.
goodyear wrangler. i can get these for $440 a set out the door.
Purchase the Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15 at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

hankook dynapro ATm. i can get these for $520 a set out the door.
Find the Hankook DynaPro ATm Tire 235/75R15XL at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

im not a fan of the goodyears, they just dont seem to be an all terrain to me. i dont want to write them off because they are cheaper, but im more than willing to pay for a better tire. i plan i driving mountain roads with snow and ice in the winter, and in the summer, dirt and sand out in the desert. so i need a tire that i dont have to change out to do one or the other. i dont see myself being happy with the goodyears because they do have a smaller foot print because of the difference in the two designs. i need help!!

the prices i quoted are out the door after mount, balance and tire disposal, ect. on the hankooks, that price is for the LT tire, and im going with the P tire. im never going to tow anything heavy enough to need the LT.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

i've always had goodyears on mine and i've never needed to complain about them, i've put them threw mud holes, deep snow, and ponds never had a problem with em. but you narrowed it down to two tires that are very good for what your doing to do so good luck on your choice

Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

+1 for the Hankooks.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by trobbins
i've always had goodyears on mine and i've never needed to complain about them, i've put them threw mud holes, deep snow, and ponds never had a problem with em. but you narrowed it down to two tires that are very good for what your doing to do so good luck on your choice
right right. so they are good tires non-the-less. that was one thing that i was worried about. hopefully someone chimes in about the hankooks, or just hankooks in general. i have never had a pair, but everything that i have read it seems that they are great tires, but also the same thing with the goodyears. i guess this might just come down to a personal choice. ill have to wait it out to see who says what about what. <-- if that made any sense.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Here is a MUCH MUCH better choice.

Trust me, I have a set of them on my 04 CC and love them.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Blazin00LT
Here is a MUCH MUCH better choice.

Trust me, I have a set of them on my 04 CC and love them.
CC? as in the Volkswagen CC? why would you put A/T tires on a car? i guess it makes sense if you are going through the snow a lot. so what do you like about these tires? ride? noise? look/feel? my mom has coopers on her chevelle and they ride bi*chin.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Diaita
+1 for the Hankooks.
what makes you like the Hankooks? ever had a set? i see that you have BFGs right now, which i was thinking about getting, but i heard that they arent allll that fantastic in the snow... what do you think?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

Goodyear Wranglers, bought 3 sets now about to buy another for the wifes 4door. Found them very good all around on and off road..

Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Twip
CC? as in the Volkswagen CC? why would you put A/T tires on a car? i guess it makes sense if you are going through the snow a lot. so what do you like about these tires? ride? noise? look/feel? my mom has coopers on her chevelle and they ride bi*chin.
You couldn't pay me to own a VW. My 04 Crew Cab S10. lol They do kick *** in the snow too.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blazin00LT
You couldn't pay me to own a VW. My 04 Crew Cab S10. lol They do kick *** in the snow too.
lol. i was trying to figure that out... so by CC do you mean current car? thats the only thing that i can figure...
my sister just got rid of her VW. probably the best thing that shes done in a little while.

Quick Reply: Tire decision