Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:51 PM
dshaw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire Size

Im going to be getting some new tires soon. I just have the stock suspension and the rims are stock off a 93 blazer. I currently have LT235 BF All terrians but I want to step up the size. What is the largest size tire that will fit? I've been looking at 30x9.5 but some people say they will rub but others say they won't. Please let me know the real truth. Thanks

Old 12-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tire Size

i have 30x9.5's on my 95 2 door w/ stock suspension and rims. the only time i can get them to rub is if i cut the wheel all the way, then they will just touch the sway bar. my solution...just dont cut the wheels all the way.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^ Ditto
I am running 30/9.5R15 BFG All Terrains on my '00 S10-Blazer, no rubbing, not even at full crank.
I have also run the same tires (literally) on my '87 S10-Blazer without any issues. I took the tires off my '00 and put them on my '87 to go 4wheeling. I didn't notice any rubbing anywhere.

The '87 now has 285/75R16 tires (33" tires) on Firebird 16x8" wheels with 6" of backspacing. I rub the frame at full crank in either direction, just don't turn all the way. I don't want to misslead you, I have a 3" body lift and trimmed the fenders so the tires won't rub on the fenders, but they will rub on the frame a smidge when fully cranked.

This is realavent to a 4wdr S10-Blazer. The 2wdr have different backspaced wheels and are more prone to rubbing.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the general tech forum, somebody asked this question, and there's some great responses in there, check it out.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 PM
dshaw1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Canadian88 for all of your help with answering my question. I read the other questions and resoponses and nobody out right answered my question. Some people said the tires fit and others said they would not. I just wanted to find out the 100% real trueth before I drop 500-600 dollars in tires. Judgeing by the pics of you blazer you dont have any knowledge about this question, so feel free not to say anything.

Thankyou Hanr3 and zero psi for your help. My tires should be delieved Tuesday. I can't wait to put 'em on.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your welcome.

And we want pics!!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you *be quiet*. If you want the "trueth" ask an expert, *funny-guy*. I was only trying to help you because I saw something like your question somewhere else. *um...*? And just because I don't have some super duper tires on my truck doesn't mean I don't know anything about them. Go *flip a burger*.

*EDITED by swartlkk* - Please don't make me do that again.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that was not pleasant.

dshaw1, never talk down to someone. Not all of us have the money to dump into outrageous tires/wheels (or the feeling or need to either for that matter), but that doesn't mean that we don't know anything about what needs to be done. If Canadian88's suggestions didn't help you out, fine, but don't EVER judge a book by its cover. I hate to use an age old saying like that, but it just fits.

I am watching the both of you now. Get out of line again and steps will have to be taken! Refrain from swearing in your posts. Creative use of $,@,!,etc are fine as long as not in anger. As soon as things turn hostile, I will be forced to step in.