Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

tire size help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default tire size help

This may of been answer before but i could nt find it. i have a 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Ls, 4door, 4x4, auto. the tires size i got on now are 235 75 15 and the lable on the drivers side doors says 235 70 15. should i change and get tire the tire size on the lable or is the tire size i got in is fine? since i dont have the size on the lable does not tires size affect mpg, or speed read off? Also my spare tire under the rear of the car has never been used but i took it off and noticed it has some cracks in and the wheel/ rim was all rusted. i'm keeping the Blazer till it dies. is the rim good? Should i get a new one. whats the spare tire size. after i get a new tire and but it back up in the spot. is it possible to put a cover over top of it, maybe a plastic one or cloth, prefered plastic. or would it fall of or just rip?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Using a 75 series tire when the truck was originally equiped with a 70 series will throw off your odometer and speedometer, but really will not change much else. Your mileage may be slightly different, but that is so subjective.

As far as your spare tire is concerned, it likely is the same size as what is displayed on the door. But you do have it in front of you, so why not read the size off the side of the tire. You should have a spare that matches the size of the other tires, but if you have an open diff, a 70 series will get you by in a pinch. If you have the G80 RPO code on the glove box label and blow a rear tire, you will have to put the spare on the front, move the front tire to the rear, and try not to use 4wd until you get things fixed.

What is the goal with a cover over the spare under the truck? Just clean the thing every once in a while... It's good to exercise the cable winch that holds it up!

*Moving to Tires & Wheels* - Much more appropriate for this discussion.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

then should i change my tires to 70 series? do the 70 series cost more than 75 series. i seen other models ise the 75 series tire. why does some use 75 and ther use 70? whats the difference? i seen tons of spare tires not beeing used to year, then finialy someone need to use and they take it off and the rim is all rusted or the tire has cracks in it like mine. was just wonder if i put a cover over it, it would keep it from rusting and cracking from all the dirt and stuff it takes

Last edited by kickme005; 05-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

the price should be about the same it just depends what kind of tires you are looking at though. As for the tire size sometimes the manufacture changes it based on model or depending on whether it's 2wd or 4wd. Or it could just be they have replaced their tires and didn't replace them with the original size. That small of a difference in size won't affect much other than throwing your speedometer off by a bit but you are talking less than 1%. As for the tire cover it would probably be a good idea to put on to keep the tire out of some of the weather. If your tires are still in good condition It wouldn't hurt just to leave them on no use in wasting good tires.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

if i did put a cover over the spare tire would it fall off? i go the spare that gest under the rear of the car. got 2 new front tire/alignment and it still goes right even tho tires plus switched the to the other side. i dont whats causing the problem. The 2 new tires are Lexington. I think their junk.. to me, i dont think that they give good traction. thinking bout changing to 70 series cause i want all the tires to match. at the time i got the the 2 front tires, i got the cheapest tire they had. now regreating that. and what a open diff?

What was the original/factory brand tire that came on a 95 Blazer 4x4, 4door and does other new Blazer 4x4, 4door have the same brand? if not what brand did they have on them? where the Factory tire size and brand any good?

alo does filling the tires with Nitgren any good?

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 05-29-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT function if no one has replied to your last post.