Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

what are the longest lasting tires????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 AM
dieselfumes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what are the longest lasting tires????

Hey i am makin my blazer in the the extreame and i need to know what the longest lasting tires for the extreame rims might be. i think they are goin to need some new ones soon.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: what are the longest lasting tires????

All DOT approved tires are rated. One of the ratings is wear. The higher the number the longer it will last. Every tire must have the ratings on the side wall of the tire.

Go look for it on your current tires.
Should be something like 440 A B.
The number is for wear, 440 is like 50,000 miles or so on most tires.
A is traction, A rating is pretty common.
B is temperature, B rating is pretty common.

Check out the government site for more info. It has everything you need to know about tires. Then go to each tire manufactures website and see what the tires are rated. If the ratings are not listed, check with your local tire vendor.

http://www.safercars.gov/Tires/Index.htm

Old 09-25-2005, 08:57 AM
simpletireman is an unknown quantity at this point

also, i work in a tire shop the info above is correct...props to hanr3, many people take these ratings for granted...look for something higher in the treadwear rating, i personally recommend michelin...the tires i am running now are the Michelin Hydroedge...they are 90,000 mile guaranteed by Michelin, and i think for 2005 are coming with 2 years free roadside asst. as Michelin is doing for some of their newer models this year. All you have to do is register the product online; I work at a Sam's Club tire dept. and they have to be ordered from there, you can find out more at www.samsclub.com
Also, i think the current price per tire is like 125-130...these tires have been excellent for me, and i noticed you said you will run the xtreme package wheels (which is what i am doing) those tires should be a 235/60r16 size...michelin makes this hydroedge tire in this size...post more info when you find out what you will be doing, i'd like to help as much as I can...

p.s. Sam's also offers a pretty decent warranty package, and that might be the best price you can get for those tires...some tires to stay away from are the Goodyear Eagle LS, which GY says will last 50000 but they last about 24000. Some of you who read this may notice that the Eagle LS was probably the same tire that came stock on your 2001-2003 Xtreme Blazer.

At any rate, let me know if I can be of anymore help...
simpletireman@aol.com
Nick

Old 09-25-2005, 11:45 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not trying to jack the thread, but does anyone know anything about the Nitto tires that are supposed to handle negative camber better?

I'd be willing to pay the extra money if they would actually work, I'm tired of buying tires, lol.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry LoloS10Blazer87. I am not familar with any tires that are designed to handle negative camber better. However I will check it out this week when I got to my part time job. I also work in a tire center. Farm & Fleet. I hate Michelins, don't get me wrong they are great tires, however they are a pain in the butt to dismount. They stick so well its hard to get the inner bead off the rim.

Thanks for the props. I come across this question frequently. The government site does a good job of explaining the differences and what is legal.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:06 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

NeoGen by Nitto