Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

What size can i fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Beginning Member
siucsaluki11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What size can i fit?

Alright, i know im gunna catch hell for this. I got a 2000 Blazer LS 4dr. 4x4. I was gunna lift it, but there is nowhere around me to use a lifted truck. Now im thinking more along the lines of lowering it. I know belltech makes a 1-2"/2" and 1-3"/3" drop kit. What would be the biggest size wheel/tire i could fit if i were to lower it. I want to fit some 22s on it, 20s work too. Is it possible to lower it and still fit 20" or 22" rims? I know, well the sites ive been checking say, they will fit at stock height, but what about lowered?

Thanks guys.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: What size can i fit?

ORIGINAL: siucsaluki11

I was gunna lift it, but there is nowhere around me to use a lifted truck. Now im thinking more along the lines of lowering it.

You dont have roads near you?

And yea you can run 20' rims lowered...unless you drop to a tire smaller than 20..Its just a matter of if you want to pay for low series tires that are necessitated by lowered trucks and big rims.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

how do you go from wanting a lift to lowering?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 AM
blkblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

you can roll with 22's on a 3/3 drop....i know someone that had that for a while till he droped it more...but it was on a2 wheel drive but it should be fine just may stick out more

Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

If your truck is your daily driver, I wouldn't go no bigger than 20's. At least with a 20" wheel you can still get a decent size tire and it wont look like you are rolling on rubber bands. Unless you really like the DUB look.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Beginning Member
siucsaluki11 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: NVANZEE

how do you go from wanting a lift to lowering?
Ive always been a fan of both lowered and lifted trucks. Kinda been stuck as far as which way to go with it. There isnt anywhere near me to go offroading really. There was one place a farmer let us use about 40 min from my house, but he sold the land to these ******** who wrecked all the trails and stripped all the trees out.

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

ORIGINAL: siucsaluki11

I was gunna lift it, but there is nowhere around me to use a lifted truck. Now im thinking more along the lines of lowering it.

You dont have roads near you?

And yea you can run 20' rims lowered...unless you drop to a tire smaller than 20..Its just a matter of if you want to pay for low series tires that are necessitated by lowered trucks and big rims.
There are roads, but there isnt anywhere off the road. If im going up with it, Im going to want to take it off the road. Either direction is still a possibility. Im still trying to plan things out and see what i need to save up/how much its going to cost me.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Barc is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my take:
If you're gonna lower it, just sell it to someone who wants an off road truck. Use the money that you get (4wd is worth more than 2wd) to get a 2wd and throw on some bells and whistles. I'm not ripping you, just saying: to lower a 4 wheel drive is a sin against the truck gods. However, I've never been a fan of lowered trucks. Whatever you do, make sure you take pictures and post them on here.