Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wheels and Tires..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Wheels and Tires..

So I am looking to get a used set of tires to mess around on...

I found a set of 3rd Gen Firebird rims with 70% tread left....
I also found a set of older gmc rally wheels and tires...
Each is about 100 bucks....

Now... I have a 98 blazer 4dr 4wd...

What is the bolt pattern and the size of wheels/tires it will accept...

As far as I know... I think that 31" tires would be the max because it has no lift....

Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

5x4.75" is the bolt pattern and the backspace for a 4wd is 6". the biggest tire you can fit on a stock non ZR2 blazer is 30" without trimming.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran

ok thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 AM
BF Veteran

Curious... So would any RWD and 4WD chevy truck/suv be able to mount to my blazer? Assuming its within the 96-00 range?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

No, I know for a fact that camaro and corvette rims will bolt up, maybe 2wd's need spacers for the Camaro rims, and the vette rims may stick out. 4wd full size trucks have 6 studs, and the bolt pattern for the older 5 bolt 2wd full sizes is different. The Colorados are 6 bolt too.

Other then that, I don't know what your options are. You'd have to research measurements from other vehicles. I know when I was searching around for some rims the guy at the tire shop said that Blazers have weird dimensions. Not very popular and not many rims will fit because of this.

Go get some dark silver 18" American Racing Torque-Thrust II's lol, they look pretty good on our trucks IMO. (They'll be sticking out a bit though.)

Last edited by oktain; 08-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran

oktain... you are getting a lil friend request as you can answer all my questions lol.... do you have aim or yahoo or the sort?

And thanks... I have a set of ORIGINAL keystone classics from my fathers 77 camaro... Rest in Pieces... its sitting in his garage.. I began disassembly but decided to wait until I graduated college so the funds to do it RIGHT would be there

Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol, Trust me, there's alot I can't answer, you've just been asking the right questions. swartlkk (admin) here is the encyclopedia of everything Blazer. But i'll do my best to answer your questions.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

The 3rd gen Firebird wheels will stick out about 2" on your 4x4 since they are a zero offset with either 4" or 4.5" backspacing same with any other 4.75" bolt pattern RWD rims. Any 82-05 S truck 4x4 wheels will fit on there with no issues. 93-02 Camaro/Firebird wheels will bolt on without any issues.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks guys... off to find some wheels and tires for fun