Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wider wheels? Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Nice can't wait to see the pics!!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

pics uploaded in my build thread!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dustinhxc
Thanks man! All the inspiration came from you! haha But yeah once the spacers, rough country 2.5" lift, and black grille are on it will look amazing... Im hoping by Tuesday.

Also.. I never liked the silver trim going around the truck but with the blacked out wheels i think it matches the lugs good. I like it..
hey man could i ask where you ordered wheel spacers? i wanna do the same and get 1.5 inch spacers for the rear to even them out, just wondered where you ordered them from. i found some on ebay and they were decently priced. i wasnt sure if you knew if these would be alright to put on.

thanks for the input and by the way the jimmy looks freakin sweet. i wanna eventually put rims on after i do the spacers and maybe get a different back spacing and have em come out a little more

Old 06-07-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JRP22
hey man could i ask where you ordered wheel spacers? i wanna do the same and get 1.5 inch spacers for the rear to even them out, just wondered where you ordered them from. i found some on ebay and they were decently priced. i wasnt sure if you knew if these would be alright to put on.

thanks for the input and by the way the jimmy looks freakin sweet. i wanna eventually put rims on after i do the spacers and maybe get a different back spacing and have em come out a little more

Hey Thanks a lot man! Be sure to check my build thread in my signature to see pics w the spacers on! Then decide if you want to do more than 4.5 backspacing. it pushed it out about 1.5" so w the spacers the rear is out 3" and without any in the front the front is out 1.5" with just the wheels. I got the wheels from summit racing for only $55 each! I got the spacers on ebay.
2 pcs | 5x4.75 to 5x4.75 | Wheel Spacers | Adapters | Billet | Bolt On | 1.5" | eBay
$60 free shipping user lugs-n-stuff

Ive driven about 85 miles on them at 100 miles im going to take my wheels off and check the torque on the spacers. My tire shop said 100 lb and do star pattern just like the wheel lugs. quick question is the wheel lugs 100lb torque too?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Hey Thanks a lot man! Be sure to check my build thread in my signature to see pics w the spacers on! Then decide if you want to do more than 4.5 backspacing. it pushed it out about 1.5" so w the spacers the rear is out 3" and without any in the front the front is out 1.5" with just the wheels. I got the wheels from summit racing for only $55 each! I got the spacers on ebay.
2 pcs | 5x4.75 to 5x4.75 | Wheel Spacers | Adapters | Billet | Bolt On | 1.5" | eBay
$60 free shipping user lugs-n-stuff

Ive driven about 85 miles on them at 100 miles im going to take my wheels off and check the torque on the spacers. My tire shop said 100 lb and do star pattern just like the wheel lugs. quick question is the wheel lugs 100lb torque too?

SWEET! im glad you got them there because i get paid tomorrow and now im so going to order some. and your build thread is freakin awesome man i love how it looks. i like how the tires are pushed out right where they are, thats pretty much where id like mine, right now im running 31x10.5s and i think itll look awesome once both the front and back wheels are even. oh and by the way the jimmy looks sweet i cant stress it enough haha and yup its 100ft lbs, i looked it up at the shop the other day when i had my wheels off then i torqued it with a torque stick that was 100 ft lbs

Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
ballincopenhagen is on a distinguished road

quick question dustinhxc with the rc lift and 4.5" backspacing do you have any rubbing with 31s?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 PM

SWEET! im glad you got them there because i get paid tomorrow and now im so going to order some. and your build thread is freakin awesome man i love how it looks. i like how the tires are pushed out right where they are, thats pretty much where id like mine, right now im running 31x10.5s and i think itll look awesome once both the front and back wheels are even. oh and by the way the jimmy looks sweet i cant stress it enough haha and yup its 100ft lbs, i looked it up at the shop the other day when i had my wheels off then i torqued it with a torque stick that was 100 ft lbs
Hey I appreciate that very much! Your white will look amazing with spacers! you doing black or silver? the stormtrooper look is cool if its black. silver is cool too though. Thanks for that tip just got a torque wrench finally!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ballincopenhagen
quick question dustinhxc with the rc lift and 4.5" backspacing do you have any rubbing with 31s?
hey i would have but i had the shop i went to trim behind and in front of both front tires, check in the build thread for pics. im about to upload a shot of the control arms too

Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Hey I appreciate that very much! Your white will look amazing with spacers! you doing black or silver? the stormtrooper look is cool if its black. silver is cool too though. Thanks for that tip just got a torque wrench finally!

anytime man, and i was leaning toward black. something like yours is what i was looking at a few weeks ago. i think maybe chrome centercaps along with it would look good too maybe idk. but i dont mind my stock rims thats why i wanted spacers first haha the rear axle not being even with the fender like the front is, is really the only thing i dont like the look of on it, other than that, which will hopefully be fixed after this weekend, i think theyre good lookin trucks especially with what you did to yours. its exactly how i pictured mine all done up the way i want haha

Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM

anytime man, and i was leaning toward black. something like yours is what i was looking at a few weeks ago. i think maybe chrome centercaps along with it would look good too maybe idk. but i dont mind my stock rims thats why i wanted spacers first haha the rear axle not being even with the fender like the front is, is really the only thing i dont like the look of on it, other than that, which will hopefully be fixed after this weekend, i think theyre good lookin trucks especially with what you did to yours. its exactly how i pictured mine all done up the way i want haha
Thanks man yes black is the way to go! With hints of chrome. I did all black wheels and blacked out tires then just chrome lugs on the wheels. blacked out grille and tow hooks and dark tint. havent decided if i want to black out the tails or keep them oem i kinda like the red clear. Yeah the rear was driving me nuts!! Didnt actually order the spacers till I got the wheels and noticed just how far out the front is haha looks way better now. So much better I deleted my old pics haha..

Quick Reply: Wider wheels? Spacers?