Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wider wheels? Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dustinhxc
Thanks man yes black is the way to go! With hints of chrome. I did all black wheels and blacked out tires then just chrome lugs on the wheels. blacked out grille and tow hooks and dark tint. havent decided if i want to black out the tails or keep them oem i kinda like the red clear. Yeah the rear was driving me nuts!! Didnt actually order the spacers till I got the wheels and noticed just how far out the front is haha looks way better now. So much better I deleted my old pics haha..
yeah the black mixed with chrome, i like it. and i was thinking about blacking out the chrome on my grill after looking at yours but im not sure, i already repainted the insert and taped off the chrome to leave it. looks much better and i just did 35% tint and i like it on the white background. could only go so dark because of the cops hahaha. and the tail lights i would keep them, i think ill keep mine probably unless they were only lightly tinted and looked like it got done the right way. oh yeah thats good glad you like the look of your front and rear wheels better, hopefully mine will come out that good!

Last edited by JRP22; 06-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JRP22
yeah the black mixed with chrome, i like it. and i was thinking about blacking out the chrome on my grill after looking at yours but im not sure, i already repainted the insert and taped off the chrome to leave it. looks much better and i just did 35% tint and i like it on the white background. could only go so dark because of the cops hahaha. and the tail lights i would keep them, i think ill keep mine probably unless they were only lightly tinted and looked like it got done the right way. oh yeah thats good glad you like the look of your front and rear wheels better, hopefully mine will come out that good!
I got mine from ebay for $27 w free shipping! So I still have my chrome one. I love the black though. Had to use my clips and emblem. used some wd40 and then i polished the clips w my rotary tool so theyre not so rusty.

nice i did 5 on top of my stock in back so its like 0 and i did 30 in front then 20 for the front banner of the windshield. yeah wouldnt go darker than 30 on the doors hah yeah i think non tinted tails is the way to go thanks ! good luck man!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 PM

I got mine from ebay for $27 w free shipping! So I still have my chrome one. I love the black though. Had to use my clips and emblem. used some wd40 and then i polished the clips w my rotary tool so theyre not so rusty.

nice i did 5 on top of my stock in back so its like 0 and i did 30 in front then 20 for the front banner of the windshield. yeah wouldnt go darker than 30 on the doors hah yeah i think non tinted tails is the way to go thanks ! good luck man!
NICE! haha thats pretty sweet. and thanks bud ill let ya know how i make out! ill have to get some before and after pics up on here when i get em

Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 PM

hey quick question, im about ready to order those and i know they worked for you so im gona go ahead and order the spacers from ebay but they arent hub centric. so what does that mean? ill still be good right? oh and what about lug nuts? will i need to buy other ones or will they come with everything?

Last edited by JRP22; 06-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 PM

hmm i thought mine were hub centric haha it doesnt say so but they work fine!!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM

hmm i thought mine were hub centric haha it doesnt say so but they work fine!!
oh alright haha thats all i needed to know, thanks man

Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 PM

oh alright haha thats all i needed to know, thanks man
Youre Welcome, the lugs they come with are great too. I have drove about 120 miles and they were all at 100 ft lb torque still.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 PM

oh nice sweet deal, mine should be in by wednesday this week, i dont mean to bother you with questions but which lug nuts did you use for what? did you use your existing lug nuts to put the tire onto the spacer or the spacer onto the truck?
thanks

Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 PM

oh nice sweet deal, mine should be in by wednesday this week, i dont mean to bother you with questions but which lug nuts did you use for what? did you use your existing lug nuts to put the tire onto the spacer or the spacer onto the truck?
thanks
Hey no problem! I used the supplied lugs to put the spacer on the hub and I used my lugs to put the wheels on the spacers

Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 PM

Hey no problem! I used the supplied lugs to put the spacer on the hub and I used my lugs to put the wheels on the spacers
awesome man i appreciate everything thanks a ton im pumped to get rid of that stance in the back! and i take it you just torqued em up to 100 right? no locktite?

Quick Reply: Wider wheels? Spacers?