Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Will BFG's fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Will BFG's fit

Fenders + frame will rub, I believe...

And My 30s rub when I have my brushguard on the truck, lol. Not very often, and not very much, but they do.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

We have had this conversation 10 billion times and it always comes down to this.

The biggest tire you can run is 30" on a stock 4x4.

If you change backspacing ortire diameter you MUSTmake modifications to your body/suspension or both to fit. If you dont make the modificationsyou will rub, No ifs, ands, or butts about it.

If your on a budget, put on 30" tires and call it a day.

If money is no object, swap in a2 1/2 ton militaryaxles and run 53" Michelins. Might require just a tad bit o fender trimming to clear.

Somewhere between those two is where most people end up.

I dont recommend t-bar cranks.There are more negative sides effects then positives from cranking the t-bars.

To fit 31" tires, install a 2" body lift, or a 2" suspension lift, or get out the saw and whack up your fenders. Even withthe lift, you may still have to whack your fenders.

By the way. there are more differences between the ZR2 and the regular Blazer then fender flares. The ZR2 has a different frame. YES a DIFFERENT FRAME withroughly a 3" wider stance.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Starting Member
KA3AX is an unknown quantity at this point

So as far as I understand, if I get 4" back spacing rims that should eliminate the frame rubbing part of the problem. Then all I have to do is smash the under fender inward to make the tire clear on turns. What about when I flex the blazer to the max (stock suspension), will the 31" rub on the top of the fender? What is the best way to take care of that without the body/suspension lifts?

Also, what difference will it make if I get 10x8 or 10x7 rims?

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I've got the tire grabbing points on the tops of my fenders with my 30" tires and offroading with my brushguard on.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I think the biggest problem you're going to have is finding 10x8 or 10x7 rims for the blazer

Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran

That could be a problem... I don't think I've seen rims that small outside of quad territory

Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran

edit: double post.

Damn internet...

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Starting Member

Okay here is 10 x8s for the same bolt pattern as the blazer (5 on a 4.75" bolt circle)

and here is 10x7s

So what difference will the width of these make on the overall wheels?

Old 06-01-2008, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran

15x8s is what those are... 15" diameter 8" wide

There's not much difference between a 15x8 and a 15x7 unless you're going to a low pro tire...

Bigger side walls have more size range.

The 15x7" with 4" backspacing is going to stick out 2" wider than the factory wheels... The 8" version is going to be 1/2", I think, wider

Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Starting Member

So basically, 10x7 will be narrower but taller with the 31"s, which means it will probably rub less against the fender and frame right?

Quick Reply: Will BFG's fit