Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Would these wheels fit the blaze? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/would-these-wheels-fit-blaze-64861/)

TripleBlackBlazer 11-09-2011 03:02 PM

If you have $100 to spare, I'd buy them anyway. I know BlazinJason in Canada has been looking for a cheap set. If they're close to you maybe you could work something out with him?

I've seen them painted black before on a blue 4 door Blazer. Looked pretty sharp. I'll see if I can find the pic.

265/55/17 would be pretty close to stock tire size in a 17" tire.

tibby 11-09-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 473331)
If you have $100 to spare, I'd buy them anyway. I know BlazinJason in Canada has been looking for a cheap set. If they're close to you maybe you could work something out with him?

I've seen them painted black before on a blue 4 door Blazer. Looked pretty sharp. I'll see if I can find the pic.

265/55/17 would be pretty close to stock tire size in a 17" tire.

I ended up getting them. That is one wide wheel lol. But I ended up settling on $90. So my $90 bought the 4 maro wheels. I'll post up a pic in the general discussion thread. I'm happy now lol. Hopefully I can get them powdercoated or painted black around middle of December. We'll see.

Blazin_Jason 11-09-2011 07:43 PM

If you decide not to use them, and want to pass them on, holla!!!

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 10:58 AM

Tibby, I just picked up a set of those Camaro rims this weekend too! I was considering painting the insides glossy black and keeping the face the satin silver. I'm probably going to grab a set of used 265/70/17's off Kijiji for now since money's a bit tight. I may have to trim a bit to squeeze them in, but I clear my 31x10.5's fine. The BFG AT's i have on now seem to be a taller 31 so hopefully it doesn't take too much.

Trippleblack, did you have any issues with these rims having more than 6" backspacing? If I'm measuring right they have closer to 7" backspacing.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-13-2012 05:32 PM

I did have to trim and I do rub frame at full lock. I still have a set of ZR2 t-bars waiting to go in from forever ago and I think that will solve some of the frame rub. If not I may put a 1-1.25" spacer up front.

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 535102)
I did have to trim and I do rub frame at full lock. I still have a set of ZR2 t-bars waiting to go in from forever ago and I think that will solve some of the frame rub. If not I may put a 1-1.25" spacer up front.

I'm currently running 1.25" spacers in the front, and have modified the back of the front fender, so maybe I'll get away with it. We'll see what tires's I'm able to find and afford. Fingers crossed!

Tibby: Have you picked out tires yet? Chances are I'm just going to end up with some basic factory take-offs unless I get really lucky. I'm hoping since 265/70/17 is such a common size I might get lucky and find a good deal.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-13-2012 05:56 PM

IIRC, tibby never ran the rims because he rubbed sway bar and didn't want to chance making a hard turn and flipping. At least that's what I think he said.

tibby 08-13-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 535112)
IIRC, tibby never ran the rims because he rubbed sway bar and didn't want to chance making a hard turn and flipping. At least that's what I think he said.

Yeah, I was rubbing at 3/4 turn because the rims were so wide with high backspacing. I don't see how you can make them work because of these reasons. I mean a 17x9 with 7 inches of backspacing. Good luck with making them work if you want to give it a go though. The only thing you could try is wheel spacers.

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 07:26 PM

I think I'll be ok. I have 1.25" spacers on the front, and a ZR2 axle out back so I'm already wider than stock. I think I should be ok. I'll post up results in my build thread once I get some tires on them. I wish I could steal the ones of my Durango. I've got 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's on there and they are awesome. I absolutely love them.

tibby 08-13-2012 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor (Post 535129)
I think I'll be ok. I have 1.25" spacers on the front, and a ZR2 axle out back so I'm already wider than stock. I think I should be ok. I'll post up results in my build thread once I get some tires on them. I wish I could steal the ones of my Durango. I've got 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's on there and they are awesome. I absolutely love them.

Hey, I always liked the wheels. I hope they work out for ya because I haven't seen another blazer able to get them to work besides triple. They look extra schmexy powercoated black. I'll definitely check out your build as I'm curious to see how they look and if they will work.