Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Would these wheels fit the blaze? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/would-these-wheels-fit-blaze-64861/)

tibby 11-09-2011 01:08 AM

Would these wheels fit the blaze?

I was wondering if these wheels would fit my blaze and do you think they would look good with a black powdercoat?

Click here for Camaro Wheels.....................................

Thogert 11-09-2011 01:14 AM

I can't imagine that they would change the bolt pattern, so they would probably fit.

tibby 11-09-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert (Post 473151)
I can't imagine that they would change the bolt pattern, so they would probably fit.

Ok Thog, and what do you think about them on my blaze with a black powdercoat?

Thogert 11-09-2011 01:16 AM

Shmexy.

tibby 11-09-2011 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert (Post 473153)
Shmexy.

I was trying to get a visual image in my head, but I can't really get one right now lol. :icon_angel: Is there any way you or Gio could chop those and get them black and then photoshop with my blaze?

Thogert 11-09-2011 01:21 AM

Give me a minute and I'll try it out. I'm not promising much tho.

tibby 11-09-2011 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert (Post 473155)
Give me a minute and I'll try it out. I'm not promising much tho.

Ok, that's fine Thog. Thanks in advance man for helping me out again. I gotta go to bed now. I have an 8am in the morning that I need to go to.

Thogert 11-09-2011 02:40 AM

Arrgh, I can't do something that complicated. I just don't have the skills for something like that. Mabey someone else can do it for you. :icon_shrug: Sorry.

TripleBlackBlazer 11-09-2011 06:52 AM

Those are my wheels! They aren't from a '96, though. They were only available on the Camaro SS from 2000-2001. $100 is a STEAL! You will need a pretty wide tire to correctly fit on a 9" wheel. I have 255s and I probably should have gone with a 265 or 275 but I haven't had any issues with the 255s. The tread patch is a little narrower than the actual wheel width and they had some trouble seating the tire. Are you looking to put A/T tires on it or? 255/70/17 is pretty dang close to a 31" tire so be prepared to cut and tweak the tbars depending on the condition of your suspension. Check out my "It's About That Time" build thread for more info if you'd like.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...ut-time-46904/

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_486d82a1.jpg

^Pre-lift

tibby 11-09-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 473184)
Those are my wheels! They aren't from a '96, though. They were only available on the Camaro SS from 2000-2001. $100 is a STEAL! You will need a pretty wide tire to correctly fit on a 9" wheel. I have 255s and I probably should have gone with a 265 or 275 but I haven't had any issues with the 255s. The tread patch is a little narrower than the actual wheel width and they had some trouble seating the tire. Are you looking to put A/T tires on it or? 255/70/17 is pretty dang close to a 31" tire so be prepared to cut and tweak the tbars depending on the condition of your suspension. Check out my "It's About That Time" build thread for more info if you'd like.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...ut-time-46904/

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_486d82a1.jpg

^Pre-lift

Yeah, the guy threw me off with his ad. I was like I've seen those around somewhere. And it was your blaze. My only question here is how they'd look powdercoat black? And I'll have to get new tread soon. Probably 5k left on mine before I need to replace. But I thought $100 was a pretty good deal. I might call the guy then.

Hopefully some A/T's but not really sure right now. If it wasn't A/T's then it would be the dreadfully boring all-seasons lol.

TripleBlackBlazer 11-09-2011 03:02 PM

If you have $100 to spare, I'd buy them anyway. I know BlazinJason in Canada has been looking for a cheap set. If they're close to you maybe you could work something out with him?

I've seen them painted black before on a blue 4 door Blazer. Looked pretty sharp. I'll see if I can find the pic.

265/55/17 would be pretty close to stock tire size in a 17" tire.

tibby 11-09-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 473331)
If you have $100 to spare, I'd buy them anyway. I know BlazinJason in Canada has been looking for a cheap set. If they're close to you maybe you could work something out with him?

I've seen them painted black before on a blue 4 door Blazer. Looked pretty sharp. I'll see if I can find the pic.

265/55/17 would be pretty close to stock tire size in a 17" tire.

I ended up getting them. That is one wide wheel lol. But I ended up settling on $90. So my $90 bought the 4 maro wheels. I'll post up a pic in the general discussion thread. I'm happy now lol. Hopefully I can get them powdercoated or painted black around middle of December. We'll see.

Blazin_Jason 11-09-2011 07:43 PM

If you decide not to use them, and want to pass them on, holla!!!

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 10:58 AM

Tibby, I just picked up a set of those Camaro rims this weekend too! I was considering painting the insides glossy black and keeping the face the satin silver. I'm probably going to grab a set of used 265/70/17's off Kijiji for now since money's a bit tight. I may have to trim a bit to squeeze them in, but I clear my 31x10.5's fine. The BFG AT's i have on now seem to be a taller 31 so hopefully it doesn't take too much.

Trippleblack, did you have any issues with these rims having more than 6" backspacing? If I'm measuring right they have closer to 7" backspacing.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-13-2012 05:32 PM

I did have to trim and I do rub frame at full lock. I still have a set of ZR2 t-bars waiting to go in from forever ago and I think that will solve some of the frame rub. If not I may put a 1-1.25" spacer up front.

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 535102)
I did have to trim and I do rub frame at full lock. I still have a set of ZR2 t-bars waiting to go in from forever ago and I think that will solve some of the frame rub. If not I may put a 1-1.25" spacer up front.

I'm currently running 1.25" spacers in the front, and have modified the back of the front fender, so maybe I'll get away with it. We'll see what tires's I'm able to find and afford. Fingers crossed!

Tibby: Have you picked out tires yet? Chances are I'm just going to end up with some basic factory take-offs unless I get really lucky. I'm hoping since 265/70/17 is such a common size I might get lucky and find a good deal.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-13-2012 05:56 PM

IIRC, tibby never ran the rims because he rubbed sway bar and didn't want to chance making a hard turn and flipping. At least that's what I think he said.

tibby 08-13-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 535112)
IIRC, tibby never ran the rims because he rubbed sway bar and didn't want to chance making a hard turn and flipping. At least that's what I think he said.

Yeah, I was rubbing at 3/4 turn because the rims were so wide with high backspacing. I don't see how you can make them work because of these reasons. I mean a 17x9 with 7 inches of backspacing. Good luck with making them work if you want to give it a go though. The only thing you could try is wheel spacers.

El_Beautor 08-13-2012 07:26 PM

I think I'll be ok. I have 1.25" spacers on the front, and a ZR2 axle out back so I'm already wider than stock. I think I should be ok. I'll post up results in my build thread once I get some tires on them. I wish I could steal the ones of my Durango. I've got 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's on there and they are awesome. I absolutely love them.

tibby 08-13-2012 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor (Post 535129)
I think I'll be ok. I have 1.25" spacers on the front, and a ZR2 axle out back so I'm already wider than stock. I think I should be ok. I'll post up results in my build thread once I get some tires on them. I wish I could steal the ones of my Durango. I've got 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's on there and they are awesome. I absolutely love them.

Hey, I always liked the wheels. I hope they work out for ya because I haven't seen another blazer able to get them to work besides triple. They look extra schmexy powercoated black. I'll definitely check out your build as I'm curious to see how they look and if they will work.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-13-2012 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New-to-me Camaro SS Rims - S-10 Forum

Attachment 33607

Originally Posted by lambert170 (Post 7398054)
They bolted straight up. I do have the spacers in the back to even it out with the front though.

^Which makes me think the ZR2 t-bars will go a long way to stop the rubbing on the frame...

Jamaroon 08-14-2012 07:12 AM

The extra width of the ZR2 would be what would stop it from rubbing the frame. Put 2" spacers on and you'd be the same as a ZR2.

The only way I can see the tbars helping is the stiffer spring rate would take more for the suspension to compress, but that still won't stop it from rubbing the frame.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-14-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jamaroon (Post 535221)
The extra width of the ZR2 would be what would stop it from rubbing the frame. Put 2" spacers on and you'd be the same as a ZR2.

The only way I can see the tbars helping is the stiffer spring rate would take more for the suspension to compress, but that still won't stop it from rubbing the frame.

While I agree with the width part of your explanation, don't you think the added height from the t-bars would prevent some of this? You're essentially pushing the frame up and the suspension down with the ZR2 t-bars, no?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_88dc9d59.jpg

Jamaroon 08-14-2012 08:39 PM

There's nothing extra gained by the ZR2 bars over your bars. Cranking your bars or cranking the ZR2 bars will give the same result for height. You can try cranking yours as is to see how much it will help. I think you will still rub even with them cranked.

I also don't know if you offroad much, but you would still rub if the front is compressed while turning. If you want to stop the frame rubbing, the best option would be to sacrifice some turning radius and build up the steering stops.

El_Beautor 08-14-2012 11:50 PM

TripleBlack, I think the primary thing you'll gain with the ZR2 bars is it'll stiffen up things, and if your factory bars are sagging right now, it will possibly give you the ability to crank them up some more, as long as you don't put too much stress on your CV's.

I do think your best bet might be to consider a quality set of spacers. I'll try to post up what I find with my setup and hopefully I might find some information that can help.

I've posted pictures over on my build thread here. I found what I think was a good deal on a set of 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. They have enough tread to get me through the season, and only cost me $50.

TripleBlackBlazer 08-15-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor (Post 535341)
TripleBlack, I think the primary thing you'll gain with the ZR2 bars is it'll stiffen up things, and if your factory bars are sagging right now, it will possibly give you the ability to crank them up some more, as long as you don't put too much stress on your CV's.

I do think your best bet might be to consider a quality set of spacers. I'll try to post up what I find with my setup and hopefully I might find some information that can help.

I've posted pictures over on my build thread here. I found what I think was a good deal on a set of 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. They have enough tread to get me through the season, and only cost me $50.

They're going to look great on your rig! I have spacers but I wanted to put the t-bars in first to see how it changed. Looking forward to seeing what your setup will be.