Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

edit and not using it

Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default edit and not using it

I've seen a few combined posts and mods scolding for not using the edit. I normally post from a blackberry and so you know there is not an edit button on the mobile forum. There is only a qoute button. It might not be as simple as somebody not using the edit as somebody not having the option.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Agreed. I'm usually on my iPod on the mobil forum. The regular site moves way to slow for this. Maybe a future update?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

This is the only mobile forum I visit that's a sumbed down version. The rest are normal. I even have all my admn features on the one I help mod with my phone

Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I would say that we are scolding people... Depends on your point of view and many people get bent out of shape over any kind of moderation.

Currently, we are simply putting in the edit comment that we are combining the posts. There is no other disciplinary action associated with it unless it is a chronic problem. All that a member should state is that they are on a mobile platform and it wouldn't go further than that other than to possibly request that the user plan their response and proof read it prior to posting if they are using the mobile platform. Or you could just hit the 'normal version' link at the bottom and edit your post to stay in compliance with the rules of the forum.

I will add that Internet Brands is currently upgrading the mobile themes to include full edit & moderation features. They have already made this change on two of their forums, but could not give a date when it might change here.

Honestly though, I haven't noticed much of a difference on my Droid X (Verizon) between the mobile & regular sites. I use either the standard browser or Firefox with a few add-ons. Loads rather quickly regardless so I just use the normal version.