Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

How do I unsubscribe to Blazer Forum.Com

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Beginning Member
HigherPower is an unknown quantity at this point

Create a Yahoo/hotmail/gmail account to use for that very reason when subscribing to a site or ordering over the internet. I don't get junk mail on my home email!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about your situation skip.h, I don't ever get spam email and like swartlkk, I leave my address posted out in the open in a number of places.

Did you happen to reply to a craigslist ad prior to getting the spam? There are a LOT of people that use craigslist solely for email harvesting.

Originally Posted by HigherPower
Create a Yahoo/hotmail/gmail account to use for that very reason when subscribing to a site or ordering over the internet. I don't get junk mail on my home email!
For those that already have a yahoo or gmail account, Yahoo can actually create a disposable address that will have a random alphanumeric string followed by a site specific tag instead of your normal address. You can make the suffix related to the site you use it at (like, g3ji8-blazerforum@yahoo) and if you get spam, you can just delete the entire disposable address without affecting your normal account.

Gmail also has a trick you can use to create site specific addresses. If your address is awesomeguy@gmail.com and you decide to register at a forum like this or amazon or anywhere really, you can use awesomeguy+amazon@gmail.com or awesomeguy+blazerforum@gmail.com. You can then set up a filter to redirect +amazon mail to a separate folder or whatever you want.

Both forms are very good at tracking email abuse and the originator of the spam. The yahoo one works better because it creates a secondary base account to add the suffix/tag to. If they remove the tag and start sending to the normal account you can delete the entire thing. The gmail version uses your normal address so all it would take is a halfway intelligent spammer to remove the tag and then they've got your real address.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Facebook and Myspace share your email, so you get spammed BIG time from them.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

im thinking maybe what hes talking about is is hes getting notifications from every thread hes posted it or started, every reply sends you a email. i get the same thing. but ive learned from the past about crapping up your good email account so i have a second email i use especially for subscribing to stuff or signing up to sites

heres just a small clip from my junk email account

Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

He only has 4 posts though, I can't see somehow getting 147 replies in 2 days off of 4 threads, haha.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i was thinking about that then i saw his post count so i agree its not those

Old 09-16-2011, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You can turn those off in your user cp if it gets too annoying. That's what I did.