Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2023 Blazer Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 07:53 AM
Bogtrotter is on a distinguished road
Post 2023 Blazer Tire question

New Member here.

I have a new 2023 Blazer that I purchased last November. It came with Continental "Cross Contact LX sport" tires. After one winter near the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" I KNOW I can't possibly go another winter with those tires on my Blazer. The tires do not have sidewall cross slots so water, mud, and snow can not escape. The vehicle hydroplanes with the slightest amount of water on the pavement. With only 2-3" of snow the vehicle will fish-tail and is difficult to control. 5-6" of snow and I get stuck! I can't believe GM would put those tires on a Blazer! I contacted GM Customer Service but, of course, it was time wasted on my part.

Can someone recommend a tire I should look-for to replace these useless skins? I've always had GY Wranglers on my Chevy Colorados and never had any issues. One of the tire stores in my area has recommended KENDA tires, which I have never heard of before. Anyone ever use Kendas?

Old 06-26-2023, 01:05 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I'm running on NOKIAN a Finnish brand winter tires and (M&S all season)
Good performance in all circumstances, even on hot roads despite the relatively soft rubber mix.

Old 06-29-2023, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the tip on Nokian tires. Never heard of them before. Did search and it looks like a good option for me. Now to find a dealer near me.

Old 01-13-2024, 08:48 PM
Starting Member
blaza is on a distinguished road
Default Same issue

We bought a 23 blazer in December and it is flat out unsafe to drive below freezing temperatures due to the tires. Fish tail occurs regularly and the vehicle is difficult to control after the slightest amount of snowfall or ice on the roads.
If anyone else is experiencing this issue please add to the thread so visibility can be raised.
Why they would sell these tires on a new vehicle in an area that experiences ice and snow is mind boggling.

Old 01-14-2024, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by blaza
We bought a 23 blazer in December and it is flat out unsafe to drive below freezing temperatures due to the tires. Fish tail occurs regularly and the vehicle is difficult to control after the slightest amount of snowfall or ice on the roads.
If anyone else is experiencing this issue please add to the thread so visibility can be raised.
Why they would sell these tires on a new vehicle in an area that experiences ice and snow is mind boggling.
Exactly the issues I had last winter with the crappy OE tires. After much complaining to GM customer dis-service, they refused to do anything about it. I went back to my dealer and found a sympathetic Sales Dept. Manager. After listening to my complaints about the crappy OE tires, he offered to go half on a new set of tires--of my choice including mounting and balancing, so I got a new set of Good Year Wranglers for about $500. No more fish tailing, the vehicle plows through deep snow (just had 10" two days ago) I chose the GY Wranglers because that's what I always ran on my Jeeps and Colorados with no problems.

GM Customer Service is a joke! Waste of time dealing with them. I even sent a letter to the President of GM Corporate--didn't even get a reply. BUT if you listen to her video you would think that GM CS is #1 in the world. LOL! My local dealer Gandrud Chevrolet, in Green Bay, finally came through for me. My Blazer is now finally safe to drive again in the winter!

If you live in an area where you get heavy rain/ice /heavy snow and you plan to buy a Blazer/Equinox/Traverse. Make sure you demand proper tires for your climate! Do not accept the vehicle if it has Continental Cross Trak, or other such "off brand" tires.

Hope you get a speedy and positive resolution to your issues with your dealer.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:43 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I'm running Bridgestone Weatherpeak tires on my FWD Ford Fiesta, and I've driven in 6+ inches of snow with no problems. They're like magic, lol.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:54 AM
Starting Member
23BlazerRedLine is on a distinguished road
Angry

Originally Posted by blaza
Fish tail occurs regularly and the vehicle is difficult to control.
Confirmed. Drove in heavy wet weather this weekend and was slipping a lot. Lost control of the vehicle after hydroplaning due to no fault of my own. I'm surprised I didn't flip the vehicle trying to regain control. Fortunately an angel appeared and at the angle I crashed, I only bounced my rims off the concrete pylon, scratching them horribly, but not a single scratch on the body. Will have to get new rims and tires.