Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Audio/Video Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 PM
2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
My Garage

ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default 2-din radio conversion

Anyone know how I can modify my 98's dash to accept a 2-din radio or touchscreen for a car pc? I got a 1-din Sony XPlod in an install kit now. Would extensive cutting be required?

1998 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT (128,000 Miles)
Mods: Eurotails, Cold Air Intake, B&M transmission cooler, Throttle Body Spacer, Posi-Lok, interior LEDs
Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

It can be done, but your going to have to do some trimming and probably some fiberglass work to make it fit. I believe Jagblazer01 has one in his. He has his build thread on here some where. Let me see If I can find it.

edit: Here it is jagblazer01's interior build

Last edited by Unlimitedsp; 09-30-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to jagblazer01

buy a 03+ dash bezel. That way you wont have to modify yours. I completely forgot about them when I did mine. Make sure it is for an RDS radio b/c if not it will only accept a standard 1.5 din

2001 blazer 4wd 4.3L 4 door
Sundown Audio Sales Rep for MD, PA & DE
www.sundownaudio.com

My Garage
Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
My Garage

ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Great. Thanks. So no actual work has to be done except for replacing the dash face panel? No actual modification behind the dash needed? I was looking to put either a 1 din touchscreen and keep my 1 din Sony and put the PC in the jack compartment in the trunk or toss the Sony and put a 2-Din 7" screen.

1998 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT (128,000 Miles)
Mods: Eurotails, Cold Air Intake, B&M transmission cooler, Throttle Body Spacer, Posi-Lok, interior LEDs
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to jagblazer01

you may have to cut out a mounting bracket behind the radio. I cant remember. Its been a while since ive done this lol

2001 blazer 4wd 4.3L 4 door
Sundown Audio Sales Rep for MD, PA & DE
www.sundownaudio.com

My Garage
Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

What was said above about the 03 Bezel and removing the mounting tab are all right. I installed a DD in my 02 and had to do all the above. And just remember to find a RDS bezel. Heres some pictures of mine. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
15, 2000, 2001, 98, blazer, chevy, code, conversion, dash, defalut, din, gmc, jimmy, radio, rds