Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:55 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I went from walking to work to driving 600 miles a day. LOL

Old 01-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the new job!

Old 01-12-2016, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Congratulations man! Sounds like a good deal.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:42 AM
JasonBlazin is on a distinguished road

Hello. I'm newer to the fourms and am preparing to start making my blazer an offroad machine and reading your build has really inspired me to get on things. Love your build. I think this is one of the best threads to read through. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well on the first day of my new job I received a call about another position with a company of a friend of my wife's and I was very intrigued although a bit hesitant because I really like where I'm at but felt I needed to at a minimum hear what they had to say so last night I went and met with them and really liked their business plan and the company as a whole. I hadn't been gone from there 20 minutes and received the call of them offering me the position. I said put the offer letter together for me to review with my wife so today I received the letter and I'M TAKING THE JOB!! They offered $25k more per year than I'm currently making, %100 paid (including my deductibles) family health, dental and vision insurance, cell phone reimbursement, 1 month of paid time off my first year and a ton of other cool perks like company events/team building activities almost weekly. Last week the entire company went paint balling for a day and the week before that the boss took all the guys to Summit Point race track and paid for a track day for everyone all of this while on company time! Every Friday they get growlers of beer from a local brew house for the afternoon along with scotch and whiskey for those who wish and then they pay for an uber for you to get home and then again to get back to get your car the following day if needed. They are a super hi tech company with all kinds of cool gadgets I'll get to play with including a 3d printer so as a company it's going to be very new to me lol. I do feel a bit bad for leaving the current company so soon but I have to do what's best for my family so that's what I'm going to do!

As for the blazer it's going to suck to not be able to work on it at work like I could with the current job but I'll figure something out. I'm hoping to find some time next week to get some stuff done with it and get it road worthy again.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:39 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Congrats man! That's great!!

With all that extra money, you can build your OWN garage, and throw a lift in it too.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Congrats! What happened with the job that you used to have? I thought you had a pretty good gig there.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Just got raped by the exhaust shop! Took it in to get the y pipe modded since I just don't have the time and I wanted it done so after calling 4 local places I went with the cheapest which was Meineke at $200!!! I was willing to pay it tho just to get it done so I swing by after work just now to check it out and pay so I could pick it up tomorrow and it's done but I didn't know it was possible to put so many bends in a 2ft piece of pipe!! Then to top it off I go to pay and the guy says it'll be $340!! I played it cool knowing I was going to have to leave my truck in their care overnight but I peacefully protested the cost and told them I wasn't paying a dime more than $200 as I was quoted and they should be lucky they are even getting that for the crap job that was done. After a brief convo with the mechanic he agreed to do it for $200 even. I know I'll be doing a v8 swap anyway with all new exhaust so I'm not really concerned about what this looks like and I'm sure it will flow good enough for now but I was expecting a nice even pipe for $200!

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-daeab711-0c24-4b22-a780-82277fe67101_zpsfwurl0ks.jpg  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Ouch! Heck, I bought Brand New Y-pipe for a lot less than that for my son's old '85 Blazer. Of course the only problem is that I couldn't put the darn thing on because of the springs that set around the bolts. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't compress them hard enough to get a single bolt started. I have it hanging in there on some old bolts and when I get it running I'll have to take it to a muffler shop to get it put on correctly and then to get some more pipe made for it. I won't be going to Meineke though.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Those places are like the "Jiffy Lube" of auto repair. Yikes! Rookie on the pipe bender ...

At least it's not leaking, I assume?

There used to be an exhaust shop near the town I grew up in. Did custom exhaust work, and nothing else. Seems that line of business isn't what it used to be, with RWD V8 cars becoming fewer and farther between. They did a complete custom bent dual exhaust (minus the mufflers - I bought those separately) for $400. Granted, this was 2001. Very few custom shops left these days. Usually it's regular garages that happen to have a pipe bender.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build