Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > General Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member

Michaelwiseguy is on a distinguished road
Default Free DIY ABS EBCM Fix

Not sure where to post this for lurkers looking to fix their Electronic Brake Control Module and idiot lights?

Today I fixed the ABS EBCM on my 2001 2dr 4wd. Idiot brake and ABS have been on for the past 3 years. I heard it could cost $1,200 at dealer to fix. I never take my vehicles to the dealer to have fixed. Did a little research on the C0265 code and found the $0 fix. I took out the EBCM and worked on it at the kitchen table for about an hour. I used a couple of thin metal spackling knives and a strait blade to cut through the top cover silicone seal. After I got the easy corner up I just worked around the spackling knives and cut the silicone with the razor blade. 6 small torx screws held my cover on and I just resealed it with the screws so it will be easy for me to get off again if I need to. Here's the Youtube video on how to fix it for free and it worked for me.

*REAL* FIX ASTRO-VAN KH325 EBCM (brake & abs light on intermittently; C0265 code
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran

AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

As informational as this video may have been I just couldn't watch more than about 30 seconds due to the music and narration.

No offense meant to the OP. Just not my idea of an informative video.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 PM
1998 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Captain Hook has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Hook has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Hook has a spectacular aura about

*Yawn* yeah, no kidding! However, if that's the problem it's a cheap fix.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

ddarther is on a distinguished road
Smile fix works

I was having this problem with my blazer and tried this fix took me less then 20 min and so of the was waiting for the soldering iron to heat up. But it fixed it and have not had any trouble sense. So though the video could be a lot better thanks for the quick and easy fix
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM

Tags
01, 02, 2001, astro, astrovan, blazer, brake, chevy, control, diy, ebcm, electronic, fix, kh325, module, repair