General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Torque specifacations

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 PM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road
Default Torque specifacations

I Have a 2003 Blazer L/S 4.3 liter any one out there help me with the torque spec,s on the upper intake manifold bolts and the valve cover bolts.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

rThe values you are requesting have been requested and provided in past threads. A quick search for either "intake+manifold+torque" or "valve+cover+toque" (without the quotes) will turn up the relevant threads/information.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
rThe values you are requesting have been requested and provided in past threads. A quick search for either "intake+manifold+torque" or "valve+cover+toque" (without the quotes) will turn up the relevant threads/information.
Tried that. Getting nowhere....

Old 04-23-2021, 09:06 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

See this thread, post 14.

Lower intake gasket replacement - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums,

Install the manifold and bolts and tighten the bolts in this sequence:

Tighten the bolts in sequence to 26 inch pounds (some versions of the factory manuals say 27 inch pounds, but I doubt 1 inch pound difference matters).
Then tighten the bolts in sequence to 106 inch pounds.
Then tighten the bolts in sequence to 132 inch pounds (11 foot pounds).

This is a job for the 1/4 drive "inch pound" torque wrench.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
nomoresubies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vahomboy
See this thread, post 14.

Lower intake gasket replacement - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums,

Install the manifold and bolts and tighten the bolts in this sequence:

Tighten the bolts in sequence to 26 inch pounds (some versions of the factory manuals say 27 inch pounds, but I doubt 1 inch pound difference matters).
Then tighten the bolts in sequence to 106 inch pounds.
Then tighten the bolts in sequence to 132 inch pounds (11 foot pounds).

This is a job for the 1/4 drive "inch pound" torque wrench.
Thanks for all that information but the search for torquing the intake manifold was just an example in the previous post. I was looking for u-joint and pinion nut specs. I posted here because I did a fair amount of searching in the forums with various keywords and just couldn't come up with anything. I got some specs from the net and wound up snapping a u-joint bolt so had to remove the pinion flange to remove it. Now I need to torque that back on...

Old 04-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Considering this thread is over 5 years old and has been answered to the extent necessary on the topic it was originally created for, it will be closed.