Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

95 chevy Blazer electrical issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Beginning Member
Maggz is on a distinguished road

would the electric motor on the transfer case stop the switch itself from even illuminating? I have not tested it, but I will attempt to check it. In most cases I have found tracing electrical to its PoO(point of Origin) is the best way to track issues down, However, the switch itself seems non functional, all it does is light up for like 5 seconds when I set the key to run. It then goes dark and never comes back up, the vehicle is in 4wd low and it does not switch out. The motor from what ive seen in diagrams doesn't do anything aside from receive the shift signal. Which led me to believe it could not be the cause of the base issue. I will check into it and see what I find tho.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Beginning Member
Ryan Johnson is on a distinguished road

Thats all my light does is blink too, someone removed the electric motor all together, so mine is not even there.

But there is also another switch /solenoid / sensor on the case, either its electronic one or has 3 vacuum lines on it.

it may need to be replaced.

if you are getting no power to the actual motor/ gear to turn the transfer case.

try that smaller sensor, and look under the battery box and see if the plunger moves easy and works.

not sure how to check to make sure its all working, I think a vaccum tool is needed, I am not for sure tho.

you might try running 12 volts to the transfer case gear motor and see if it works and turns and engages the 4w drive.

I am following your posts, because when I can afford to buy the transfer motor and install it, im not assuming its just gonna work, would be nice. but I doubt it.

I have looked under my battery box and my plunger seems to move freely and I see no wholes or damage to the plunger.

I have not gotten into checking the current / electricity of the wiring yet tho. I lack a manual and good diagrams and info. that I was hoping to find on here. and I think I need to people, one to push the button why I check the connections.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member
Maggz is on a distinguished road

Ok, I finished and fixed this issue yesterday, technically it self fixed. Basically I had gotten to a point on the vehicle where I figured it was drivable, so I figured even if it is in 4lo it would still move, well I didn't get 30 feet and the lights started flashing, and then I was able to switch it back into 2Hi. So I put it up on ramps and got under it to find out that the connection underneath was loaded with crud, I cleaned it and regreased it now everything is 100% fully functional. I now have this vehicle back on the road and working properly. Ty to all who helped me with suggestions.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
nolareese is on a distinguished road

I had crazy electrical things going on with my 2000 blazer. Tail light issue. pulled the fuse for it (fuse box under the hood) cleaned it and the it worked, this is after changing the socket assembly, ground wire and 5 or 6 bulbs. Check those fuses for future problems.