Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2000 Chevy Blazer multiple electrical problems HELPPPP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Starting Member
2000blazerHELP!!!!!!!1 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Chevy Blazer multiple electrical problems HELPPPP!!!!

Hi everyone. First time user of the forums. I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer 2D 4WD with keyless entry. First problem arose about two years ago when the passenger window would roll down, but wouldnt go back up. my buddy got it back up by energizing the motor and then disconnected it so it wouldnt happen again. Then, the abs light and the brake light would come on while driving and stay on until about the 3rd time it was started. Didnt affect the driving of the truck so i didnt bother with it. about a year and a half ago the heat stopped working. I noticed that the AC fan clutch was turning every 30 seconds or so even with the control on heat and the ac off. Pulled the relay for the ac and it stopped, still no heat though About 9 months ago the truck wouldnt start. Would turn over but wouldnt start. Didnt here the fuel pump prime so i Brought it to a local garage and they "said" they changed the fuel pump. Now the door locks dont work, the windows dont roll up or down on either side and the rear window wont pop. I replaced the battery and still nothing. I went on a little road trip the other day with a friends car, gone 2 days, went to start it and the battery was dead. Nothing was left on and once i jumped it it ran fine, still no windows. Went to start it this morning and it was dead again. Is there a CPU that controls all these and could it be drawing current when it shouldnt? Any type off help would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Probably lots of different things causing these issues. Probably all of them are covered if you search for them individually. The advanced search works really well when you put different parameters in it for the search.

Sit down, grab a few bevy's, search & read & I bet you'll find a lot of answers from others that have similiar issues.
I'd start at the fuses, the ones in the cab on the left of the dash by the door & under the hood. Also swapping relays that you know work with ones on a circuit that has issues.
Also check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) & if you can't, take it to Advance or Pep Boys, some place that will scan it for free. Just because the Check Engine Light (CEL) isn't on doesn't mean there aren't any DTC's.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine...not-run-45944/ <---Click on it

Last edited by Rottidog; 02-02-2012 at 11:32 PM.