1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

$200 offered to whoever can fix this rough idle bull ****

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It should be fairly steady, but if the input voltage and/or ground are fluctuating at all, it could cause a bad reading from the sensor. You could test continuity to ground or connect the positive lead to the battery and the negative lead back probed to the negative wire on the TPS. Do the same on the +5V reference to see if it waivers at all during testing.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you try reinstalling your egr?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Beginning Member
00bluegtp is on a distinguished road

Well I got a tps from advance and it was reading .8 volts at idle soo I had to slot the holes in it so I got just around .50. It runs like a champ and has incredible power now. It must have been running tooo rich before. I am going to see if that fixed it because I am going tobe plowing with the thing for the next 24hrs or soo. Ill let you know if its fixed because every other time i thought it was fixed it all of a sudden got screwed up again. But think for sure that was it. I have a feeling I could maybe go a little further down with t to like maybe .45 or soo but i didn't want to go tooo lean.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Let us know!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

If it happens again, check your brake booster, even if the truck idles poorly , you should still have reserve vac left in the booster to work the brakes. But if the diaphram is bad in the booster, it would be a big vac leak and cause the loss of assist.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

sounds to me like someone owes you 200 kyle.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Beginning Member
00bluegtp is on a distinguished road

Sorry it started doing it again. I happened to check the injector harness by tugging on it was running and it started doing the rough idle again. Im guessing the injector harness is bad. but im not sure.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator

That harness isn't too bad to replace. The contacts in the connector on the injector get weak and do not properly energize the injector in some instances. Sounds like something may be pulling on that harness when you are driving backwards...