1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Just tried seafoam!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
bzubke1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just tried seafoam!

yesterday i tried seafoam for the first time on my 94 vortec 4.3 with 99k. i put in in through the pcv valve that connects to the valve cover on the drivers side. well thing is i poured in the first 2/3 slow then i dumped the last1/3 in, but thing is it never stalled or even seemed like it was going to stall. so i waited 30 min and started it up and ran it and i got no white smoke whatsoever. did i do somethig wrong?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Just tried seafoam!

Did you pull the PCV hose off of the valve cover, leaving the other end attached to the intake? If you left it attached to the valve cover, then you put the seafoam into the crankcase. No worries there, you'll just have to change the oil/filter in about 100 miles. It'll do a good job of cleaning all of the built up crud out of your crankcase.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:43 AM
bzubke1 is an unknown quantity at this point

under the hood it had a diagram that showed a pcv hos going from the passenger side valve cover to kind of by the throttle body.it also showed another hose that went from the drivers side valve cover to absolutely nothing. not sure if there should be just an open hose but i looked for a place for it to be connected to but couldn't find one, is it supposed to be like this. i put the seafoam the end of the open hose that went to the passenger side valve cover. By doing this did a clean out the crank case. and also how would i have to go about cleaningout the top end of the engineor what everway it is that makes all the smoke. thanks again

Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bzubke1

under the hood it had a diagram that showed a pcv hos going from the passenger side valve cover to kind of by the throttle body.it also showed another hose that went from the drivers side valve cover to absolutely nothing. not sure if there should be just an open hose but i looked for a place for it to be connected to but couldn't find one, is it supposed to be like this. i put the seafoam the end of the open hose that went to the passenger side valve cover. By doing this did a clean out the crank case. and also how would i have to go about cleaningout the top end of the engineor what everway it is that makes all the smoke. thanks again
Use the vacuum hose on the power brake diaphram, it has a 90* plastic connector on the end of the hose that plugs into the diaphram. Take the hose off of the plastic angle...

Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I have heard is take the Brake Booster hose and put it into the seamfoam can and let it suck it up until the engine stalls. I have also heard people just pouring it right into the throttle body. Which is better? I have no clue! lol

Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found that most usea empty spray bottle and slowly mist it into the intake (to keep it from stalling) and watch all the BLACK JUNK go out the tail pipe. Suppose to aid in clearing out all the EGR ports and intake without removing it. But it will never get the hard deposits that are stuck in there due to those have to be soaked to even begin to break free.