1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Sticky's maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
versatile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sticky's maybe?

Hello, I am new here. Just did search and read many posts about testing fuel pressure. Several of these posters asked where and how to test the fuel pressure. No one that asked that question in the posts that i read got the answer. That is my question also. Maybe some sticky's on how to do certain things might be helpful to many of us. Thanks. I hope i haven't offended anyone by my suggestion.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sticky's maybe?

I know this has been answered before because I have answered it. The location is different depending on the engine you are working with.

For sake of repetition, here they are again. The CPI motors have a fuel pressure test port on the back side of the intake manifold where the fuel lines enter/exit. The SCFI motors have it on the fuel rail behind the throttle body. TBI motors do not have a test port and require that an inline adapter be added. For the newer '02+ Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier/Bravada, the fuel pressure test port is located under the vehicle right at the fuel filter.

At some point I may get enough time to run down through all of the trouble shooting steps, but a sticky just for the fuel test port location is kind of a waste only because if we had a sticky for every little peice of information, you wouldn't see new posts until page 2 or 3...