1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

throtle not going veryfast help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011 | 02:36 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Nobody here is going to tell you to scrap it ever. Its been days man, did you remove that puck and look in there yet???

Old 05-29-2011 | 05:08 PM
|
WhiteJimmy219 is on a distinguished road

ok yes so i just pulled it off and i see black i mean but idk there looks idk hard to explain but dont look like what u described ill take a pic aand post it

oh and it kinda has a gas smell inside i hope thats ok

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-31-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 05-30-2011 | 01:36 AM
|

well i have the pics on my profile idk how to put them on here

any body there lol

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-31-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 06-02-2011 | 11:49 PM

That little round GOLD thing on the left side is your FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) and its totally leaking or else it would be black. It also should smell like oil and stuff not fuel. You may want to change the nut kit on the other side cause it will be old and brittle. Its not a tought job, and you can do it yourself and get the parts online for about 100 bucks or less, or you can get the whole injector unit for 179 plus 75 core charge and injectorwarehouse.com. And Im not sure on the "nut kit" price but it wont be more than 100 bucks. You can also try just changing the FPR on the side, but be real careful cause its brittle stuff in there by this year in its life. Then change your oil and you will be good to go again. Check this out too. https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...r-video-59604/

Old 06-03-2011 | 02:55 AM
|

ya but changing the FPR is that going to fix my problem for good or am i gonna be back at square one again

Old 06-03-2011 | 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteJimmy219
sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but tis is just driving me insane ok i have a 93 gmc jimmy fuel injected 4x4 it runs great nothing sounds bad or anything but say when i start driving it seems like its bogging out i can mash on the gas on the way to the floor and it wont get up and go it just decreases the sound of the rpms or what not and sounds and feel like its bogging out takes me about 10 to 15 mins to get p to speed lol maybe a lil over doing it but any way COULD IT BE THE CAT please help
That is a perfect description of what a bad fuel leak internally does. And it can totally ruin the cat as well. I can tell you from your photo that you have a leaking FPR. You may also have leaking lines - you will have to open it up to see. My blazer thats parked right now looks exactly the same, and acts the same if you fire it up to drive it. It really depends on what price you want to spend to fix it. I would get the whole unit for mine, but I intend to keep the truck. If its `just a vehicle` to you, then it may not be worth investing the repair money into. When its taken apart you also get the opportunity to do the intake gaskets ($20), flush your cooling system ($50), clean the EGR passages out, and clean the throttle and intake runners. All that will take you all day to do if you arent used to work like that. Will it run better - hell yes. May you also have another problem come up - probably - its an older truck and wont ever run like new again, but you can definatley get more years out of it. Things you should take into account if the price is kind of high is does it leak alot of oil, is the compression still good, do you like the truck...

Here is what its going to look like when you open it up man. Se all the gold? Thats from fuel washing off the black soot that SHOULD be coating everything. Do yourself a favor and change that connector on the top with the blue and red wires coming off it. Also make sure you shove some paper towel ***** into those 6 holes so you cant drop anything down them while you are working.

Last edited by ohsofly; 06-04-2011 at 11:29 AM.