2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

New rig - 1998 Blazer LS have Bose Stereo Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 PM
evinrude is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New rig - 1998 Blazer LS have Bose Stereo Issues

Hello .. . Everyone

I am new to the forum and hope I can get some help here.

In picking out / test driving multiple times we decided to buy it, but I ( get ready) . . . forgot to check the stereo. I guess as we get older we reprioritize a little, as I was solely concerned with drivability and the other normal things we check. The dam radio did not even cross my mind. Well this is to be the wifes car so I am naturally taking some heat over the radio issues :-(

It is a 1998 LS blazer 4d 4x4 and has the Bose stereo system. It does not sound right. There is equal / like sound in each speaker but low scratchy sound like the amp is not powered or?

I pulled the fuse panel and the amp fuse was removed, I installed a fuse checked the radio and no change. We tried a cd and it worked but same crappy sound. We tried a cassette in the floor mounted oem cassette and it would not accept a cassette and just kept popping back out.

Does anyone on here have any experience with this Bose system that could shed some light in my direction, and help get the miss’s off my butt. . . .

Thanks in advance for any info / advice

Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Beginning Member
Bielat16 is on a distinguished road

can you put a sound clip on here. I sorta sounds like either a speaker is grounding out on its own. Does one speaker sound worse than the others??

Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
evinrude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bielat16
can you put a sound clip on here. I sorta sounds like either a speaker is grounding out on its own. Does one speaker sound worse than the others??
NO. .. all speakers sound the same as I mentioned. Low sound evenly throughout. The cassestte does not accept tapes which tells me it is not powered or is disfunctional.

Seems to me the amp is no tpowering up as the fuse was pulled and when reinserted it does nothing, so perhaps they are both unplugged ??

Anyone know an easy way to pull the dash, or is that a MF to achieve ??