Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2001 blazer xtreme bose stereo.....

Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM
matthammill is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 blazer xtreme bose stereo.....

hey guys, new to the forum. i have a 2001 blazer xtreme with the bose stereo package. my problem is the drivers side door speaker does not work all other speakers working properly and i have switched the passenger side door speaker with the drivers side door speaker and still not working ....speaker is not my problem, what do i check next?
thanks, matt hammill

Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to have to test the wiring to the amp.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road

Sorry, But if it's Bose, it's gotta goes. Lol. No really. If your truck is in good shape and you plan to have it a while, I would just start investing now in aftermarket stuff. Starting with something cheap is as good as the Bose and you can upgrade the system easily, when wanted. Buying replacement Bose amps , speakers, ect, is expensive and time consuming and will never end. Hmmm... is it obvious I dont like Bose? Good luck. :}

Old 12-18-2010, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Allwaysblazin
Sorry, But if it's Bose, it's gotta goes. Lol. No really. If your truck is in good shape and you plan to have it a while, I would just start investing now in aftermarket stuff. Starting with something cheap is as good as the Bose and you can upgrade the system easily, when wanted. Buying replacement Bose amps , speakers, ect, is expensive and time consuming and will never end. Hmmm... is it obvious I dont like Bose? Good luck. :}
instead of suggesting an upgrade, why not help fix it. he didn't say anything about wanting to upgrade.

i'd trace the wiring back to the molex, through the door, to the amp, then to the radio. any little slits in it or such can cause the short

Old 12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
matthammill is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

thanks guys i think i figured it out, its in the wiring in the door, i can move the harness and it start to work.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Glad you found the issue. I guess it's time to run some new wire!